5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What amount of rake should I do?

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I recently added a 2” Readylift Leveling Kit w/UCA’s to my Rebel and so far I absolutely love it. Gave me the full 2” and everything. I’m sitting at 40” from ground to top of wheel well on all 4 corners now. It is perfectly “level” but when it’s level it has a slight front high appearance. I don’t tow a whole lot but I do use my truck for work and haul on occasion. I don’t want to have squat on the highway. Should I add 1” spacers to the rear? 1.5”? Motofab makes all kinds of sizes but I don’t know what to choose.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I recently added a 2” Readylift Leveling Kit w/UCA’s to my Rebel and so far I absolutely love it. Gave me the full 2” and everything. I’m sitting at 40” from ground to top of wheel well on all 4 corners now. It is perfectly “level” but when it’s level it has a slight front high appearance. I don’t tow a whole lot but I do use my truck for work and haul on occasion. I don’t want to have squat on the highway. Should I add 1” spacers to the rear? 1.5”? Motofab makes all kinds of sizes but I don’t know what to choose.
3/4" if you can find them, otherwise 1". I went with 1" in mine

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did the Motofab 2/1.5 kit. I love it. It's perfect in my mind. Obviously it eliminates 0.5" of the factory rake, but it still leaves rake which is what you want. When I haul and tow I don't want headlights shining into the stratosphere. I also don't want to lose 25% of my MPG because air is blasting up under the chassis of the truck. Need to have the nose slightly down on a pickup when it's unloaded for it to function correctly as a truck.

20230326_122054.jpg

Last edited:

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did the Motofab 2/1.5 kit. I love it. It's perfect in my mind. Obviously it eliminates 0.5" of the factory rake, but it still leaves rake which is what you want. When I haul and tow I don't want headlights shining into the stratosphere. I also don't want to lose 25% of my MPG because air is blasting up under the chassis of the truck. Need to have the nose slightly down on a pickup when it's unloaded for it to function correctly as a truck.

View attachment 158590
Looking good. What are your measurements now?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How much rake do you have?
Can't really compare to my truck as the aftermarket front bumper causes extra front sag. I actually moved the clip on my Bilstiens up to 6 to compensate. But before the bumper, I had 1" of rake

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
These trucks have about 2 inch’s of rake when stock. This is for a reason. They are made to haul and still be comfortable and safe.

If you are going to haul and tow I suggest 1.5 inches. You can keep the stock shocks up to 1.5 inch’s.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
These trucks have about 2 inch’s of rake when stock. This is for a reason. They are made to haul and still be comfortable and safe.

If you are going to haul and tow I suggest 1.5 inches. You can keep the stock shocks up to 1.5 inch’s.
Yeah, I was waiting to see. So many people claim they don’t get a full 2” with a 2” level. Mine is dead on. I’m not hauling 2000lbs or towing 12k so the stock 2” rake is a little overkill. I might lean towards the 1.5” over the 1” though. Thank you.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I was waiting to see. So many people claim they don’t get a full 2” with a 2” level. Mine is dead on. I’m not hauling 2000lbs or towing 12k so the stock 2” rake is a little overkill. I might lean towards the 1.5” over the 1” though. Thank you.
It really does not take hauling 2000 lbs or towing 12K to get bad sagging. Will sag bad with much less weight. I load mine up all the time. If you are going to use the truck to haul and tow, I definitely recommend 1.5 inch’s.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking good. What are your measurements now?

23.5" front, 25" rear measured from the center of hub to lip of fender flare. I like to measure this way because it eliminates variances in tire sizes as guys all over this forum all run different tires.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mine's perfectly level but sometimes looks a tad nose high too. Doesn't bother me tho.

Insanity

Reaction score
Have you considered some helper bags? Keep the level and when loaded just eek in some air to level back out. You can skin this cat many different ways.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rear has airbags (1/2" when riding at 5 psi) and then a 1/2" spacer on the driver side to even out the lean. My passenger side was 1/2"-ish higher than the driver from the factory. Overall ended up with a 1" rake, so it's 2" in the rear over a non-ORP truck. Basically a 3/2 if you don't have ORP.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rear has airbags (1/2" when riding at 5 psi) and then a 1/2" spacer on the driver side to even out the lean. My passenger side was 1/2"-ish higher than the driver from the factory. Overall ended up with a 1" rake, so it's 2" in the rear over a non-ORP truck. Basically a 3/2 if you don't have ORP.
Ok, that’s what I’m trying to figure out. I’m going to re-measure on flat level ground later today. Will do all 4 corners from the ground and from the hub up. I might have 1/4-1/2” variation but overall they are all pretty close to level. No air ride on mine and don’t tow/haul enough to require adding aftermarket bags. I’m thinking of throwing some motofab rear spacers to lift the rear. Deciding between 1” pucks or 1-1/2” pucks.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok so I measured it and I have:

Front left: 39-3/4”
Front right: 40”
Rear left and right are both 40”

Should I do a 1” rear puck or 1.5”?

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok so I measured it and I have:

Front left: 39-3/4”
Front right: 40”
Rear left and right are both 40”

Should I do a 1” rear puck or 1.5”?
I think your measurements are right where mine were before I "fixed" the rear lean. I would personally recommend a 1" puck as that puts you at about the limit the OEM shocks are supposed to be stretched. I love the stance, most people think it's level because when trucks are actually level they tend to look front high.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think your measurements are right where mine were before I "fixed" the rear lean. I would personally recommend a 1" puck as that puts you at about the limit the OEM shocks are supposed to be stretched. I love the stance, most people think it's level because when trucks are actually level they tend to look front high.
That sealed it. I ordered 1” Motofab spacers on Amazon. Should be able to put them in over the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread