5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What am I missing?

Rahnrocket

Reaction score
Just picked up my new 2020 Ram 1500 Limited. Can't seem to get the automatic headlight dimmers to work....I have the switch on auto, the Connect menu setting is set to on...I turn on the bright lights and they never dimmed. I have now blinded about 23 drivers....The headlamps are a great improvement over my 2010 ram...they are so much brighter...

Any suggestions other than scheduling a service call? I saw where this issue was posted previously but I never saw a resolution....

Only other complaint I have is the ridiculous process to get Uconnect and Sirius Guardian activated...7 phone calls and 2 hours to get an app to work. Doesn't Dodge know they reduce their consumer branding by associating with a company that can't get its act together?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just picked up my new 2020 Ram 1500 Limited. Can't seem to get the automatic headlight dimmers to work....I have the switch on auto, the Connect menu setting is set to on...I turn on the bright lights and they never dimmed. I have now blinded about 23 drivers....The headlamps are a great improvement over my 2010 ram...they are so much brighter...

Any suggestions other than scheduling a service call? I saw where this issue was posted previously but I never saw a resolution....

Only other complaint I have is the ridiculous process to get Uconnect and Sirius Guardian activated...7 phone calls and 2 hours to get an app to work. Doesn't Dodge know they reduce their consumer branding by associating with a company that can't get its act together?
A few folks with relatively recent builds had to take theirs in for a reflash to get their auto dimming headlights working, IIRC. They’re incredibly sensitive, so if yours were working at all, they’d never hesitate to dim for approaching vehicles (or reflective signs, or streetlights, etc...).

renzo2213

Reaction score
Is your headlight switch set to on or auto? It’ll only work if it’s set to auto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

myles

Reaction score
Should take it to the dealer. Might need a reflash, mine extremely sentative. New signs, street lights, house lights will all turn off my high beams

steveved

Reaction score
I have the auto dimming feature on my 2019 Laramie. It was annoying, so I disabled it. There were times I wanted my hi beams on and they were not and there were times it would not dim them for an approaching vehicle. It is a feature I can live without... Just my 2 cents...

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Hi Rahnrocket,

Sorry to hear of the trouble with your headlights! I recommend following up with your selling dealer as they are in the best position to provide assistance. If you are in need of any extra support while working with your dealer, we're just a PM away.

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread