5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What air intake 5.7 etorque

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My new truck should be here next week and was wondering what cold air intake would couple best with the borla atak air chaise I have already purchased. Would appreciate everyone’s reasoning behind their suggestions. Thanks

Drewster

Reaction score
Stock or MOPAR. Aftermarket intakes are just noise, and don't do squat for power. It's great to have the sound of bald eagles exploding when you go on an on-ramp, but any time you're hauling stuff for a long time it gets annoying.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
We already have CAI. Just get an AEM drop in replacement for the filter itself.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
If you're just itching to spend money on your new truck, look elsewhere. An aftermarket CAI won't net you any gains, and you could actually lose performance with some of them. The factory intake is a CAI, and flows very well.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not that I’m itching but I already bought borla atak exhaust system and was asked about cold air intake. I’m not a gear head so I’m really not certain

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
People. Am I on trial. I feel like I’m being prosexuted

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The guy I bought my exhaust from recommended an after market air intake to replace the low end torque I will lose from adding the borla exhaust

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And he doesn’t sell them. Borla only had the exhaust so he wasn’t trying to sell me on a specific product which is why I posted this. Wish I didnt

Dr. Cheeseburger

Reaction score
S&B is super high quality and I'm sure the Mopar RamAir one that is $900 works pretty good too. Don't listen to anybody it is your truck do what you wanna do brother!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
You said yourself that you aren't a gear head. Lots of people waste their money on useless upgrades. I'm making no claims on whether the S&B intake will net you any gains or not. I suspect it won't do anything except increase the sound you hear from the intake, and look pretty. But you'd be doing yourself a world of good to research things like this on your own, then make your own decisions based on that research. Turn yourself into a gear head.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah. I did that with the exhaust system that’s why I went with the borla atak. Sounds awesome. I don’t care for extra sound but I was told to do cold air. They all seem to be the same in you tube and google search that’s why I asked here. Other ram owners. Why is anyone on here except to see what others think 🤔

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you brother. I do appreciate your input. I did ask. I did decide to go with Mopar ram air intake. My dealer is giving it to me for cost an installing it for free. I’m not thinking I’m gonna get crazy gains but from what I read on another thread in here it does definitely feed more air into the engine especially at higher speeds. Yeah I know why am I buying a rebel to do highway driving? I love it. I won’t even know the difference because I’ll never drive without it. The exhaust and ram air will be installed upon delivery. I can’t imagine that Mopar would make a product and say it feeds more air if it didn’t. Once again thank you for your feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread