5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What air intake 5.7 etorque

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thank you brother. I do appreciate your input. I did ask. I did decide to go with Mopar ram air intake. My dealer is giving it to me for cost an installing it for free. I’m not thinking I’m gonna get crazy gains but from what I read on another thread in here it does definitely feed more air into the engine especially at higher speeds. Yeah I know why am I buying a rebel to do highway driving? I love it. I won’t even know the difference because I’ll never drive without it. The exhaust and ram air will be installed upon delivery. I can’t imagine that Mopar would make a product and say it feeds more air if it didn’t. Once again thank you for your feedback.
That's a pretty good deal. An OTR intake is the only style I would even consider. Not so much for any performance gains, but because it would free up the area of the engine bay where the stock intake sits. I'm wanting to install a higher capacity inverter and that spot might just be perfect for it.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thank you brother. I do appreciate your input. I did ask. I did decide to go with Mopar ram air intake. My dealer is giving it to me for cost an installing it for free. I’m not thinking I’m gonna get crazy gains but from what I read on another thread in here it does definitely feed more air into the engine especially at higher speeds. Yeah I know why am I buying a rebel to do highway driving? I love it. I won’t even know the difference because I’ll never drive without it. The exhaust and ram air will be installed upon delivery. I can’t imagine that Mopar would make a product and say it feeds more air if it didn’t. Once again thank you for your feedback.
Sounds good brother. That’s a great deal. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you. I can’t wait to enjoy my truck period. 6/7-6/21 dealer ETA

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here’s my truck. On paper anyway

Attachments

• D60B1D5F-E7A6-42F1-860B-4259C50B4D47.jpeg
    D60B1D5F-E7A6-42F1-860B-4259C50B4D47.jpeg
    218.2 KB · Views: 21

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
What is an inverter?
A power inverter. They convert DC to AC. We have one in our trucks but it isn't rated high enough for what I want to use it for.

Jester4439

Reaction score
Yeah. I did that with the exhaust system that’s why I went with the borla atak. Sounds awesome. I don’t care for extra sound but I was told to do cold air. They all seem to be the same in you tube and google search that’s why I asked here. Other ram owners. Why is anyone on here except to see what others think 🤔
Most local exhaust shops will do a mid muffler delete on the 5th gen 5.7 etorque or non-etorque for less than 100.00 leaving the cats and rear resonators and sound just as good if not better that the borla Atak. If you have not had it installed yet and would like to hear it let me know. I have a 23 rebel lunar 5.7 etorque with mid muffler delete and everything stock . It sounds, performs the same as my 4th gen with borla and without any noticeable MPG loss/gain, just good American V-8 sound

Jester4439

Reaction score
Most local exhaust shops will do a mid muffler delete on the 5th gen 5.7 etorque or non-etorque for less than 100.00 leaving the cats and rear resonators and sound just as good if not better that the borla Atak. If you have not had it installed yet and would like to hear it let me know. I have a 23 rebel lunar 5.7 etorque with mid muffler delete and everything stock . It sounds, performs the same as my 4th gen with borla and without any noticeable MPG loss/gain, just good American V-8 sound
Or just YouTube it for instant video sound clips

Users who are viewing this thread