5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well, I traded in my 1500 today

Firebird

Reaction score
I wish I could do the same. I'm just not ready to take that depreciation hit quite yet.
I understand, I just decided to bite the bullet and get it over with. Was painful, but now I can at least get a camper home when we settle on one.

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
Wow! I’ve been thinking of doing the same with my 2019 Rebel over the last few weeks. But it’s paid for so it makes it tough. Congratulations on the new truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow! I’ve been thinking of doing the same with my 2019 Rebel over the last few weeks. But it’s paid for so it makes it tough. Congratulations on the new truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should wait for real 5th gen HD RAM, all the current one are just 4th gen with 5th gen stuff to make it fit.

Firebird

Reaction score
You should wait for real 5th gen HD RAM, all the current one are just 4th gen with 5th gen stuff to make it fit.
I thought about doing that, but I still really love the look of a 4th gen, and a 4th gen body with 5th gen interior and accents just really works for me.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought about doing that, but I still really love the look of a 4th gen, and a 4th gen body with 5th gen interior and accents just really works for me.

Glad you love it and you should drive it like no tomorrow. :)

rlc2020

Reaction score
really nice truck you've got there. I agree that the 4th gen body looks just fine with the new front end and interior. If I needed an HD I would have done the same. Best of luck with the new truck.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You did the right thing, too many 1500’s struggle with payload. I was reading recently about a guy who only had 1100#. Thats really sad in a modern full-sized truck.
Yeah I know these are “half-tons” however the days of truck payload ratings and designations of 150/1500 or 250/2500 or 350/3500 being for 1000#, 1500# or 2000# are supposed to be gone, high strength steel being what it is...

Users who are viewing this thread