5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weld wheels and rugged treks.

ENOH

Reaction score
I was trying to decide between the Rugged Treks and the Toyo AT3 and ended up with the Toyos. However, seeing yours mounted I think I could've gone either way.

Looks really good. I'm interested to see how those wear. I've heard great things about Coopers.

Much road noise? Their videos talk about special designs to specifically reduce road noise, which was a big reason I was interested to begin with.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

OC.13

Reaction score
I was trying to decide between the Rugged Treks and the Toyo AT3 and ended up with the Toyos. However, seeing yours mounted I think I could've gone either way.

Looks really good. I'm interested to see how those wear. I've heard great things about Coopers.

Much road noise? Their videos talk about special designs to specifically reduce road noise, which was a big reason I was interested to begin with.

I was also looking at the Toyos. Opted for the coopers, thought the side walls had more of the look I was going for. I don't think you can go wrong with either tire. I really love the looks of them, and so far the ride quality is great for as aggressive as theese tires are. There is some noise , I would not call them loud by any means but a subtle hum over the stock tires. Thus far I am super happy with the coopers!

jjhall8

Reaction score
I ordered the Weld wheels in 18x9 0 offset and had to send them back. They did not clear the calipers like Weld told me they would. Now have a set of 20x9 0 on order.

OC.13

Reaction score
I ordered the Weld wheels in 18x9 0 offset and had to send them back. They did not clear the calipers like Weld told me they would. Now have a set of 20x9 0 on order.
I almost ordered the 18s too, Weld told me the same thing. I took some measurements and sent them to the company I had planned on purchasing from. They told me no way. That's why I went with the 20s. I couldn't be happier. Have not seen another ram with them yet, or any other truck here where I live for that matter. Post some pics when you get yours.

Brrryan

Reaction score
Looks awesome man! Any more shots from a distance by chance? I’m actually considering those tires. I have 275/60/20 Wildpeaks, which actually measure 33.1.” Always liked the idea of staying 4 ply, and I see those tires have a true height of 33.4” which is sweet!

OC.13

Reaction score
Looks awesome man! Any more shots from a distance by chance? I’m actually considering those tires. I have 275/60/20 Wildpeaks, which actually measure 33.1.” Always liked the idea of staying 4 ply, and I see those tires have a true height of 33.4” which is sweet!
Thanks! Here you go.

Attachments

• 20210623_161037.jpg
    20210623_161037.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 268
  • 20210623_161054.jpg
    20210623_161054.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 267

Brrryan

Reaction score
Those definitely look bigger than most 275/60 tires. Truck looks killer!

OC.13

Reaction score
Yeah it's stock suspension. Non air, no orp, no level either. (Waiting for the Carli commuter kit to come out) no rubbing or trimming. Not even a very big hit to the mpgs as the wheels only weigh 28lbs and the coopers are about 47lbs if I'm not mistaken. Just about 8lbs over the stock 18s I was running.

BilletMotoRam

Reaction score
Perfect I’ve had my eye on the Rugged treks, I’m going to run them on stock wheels though. Truck looks killer!!

OC.13

Reaction score
OP what lug nuts are you using?
I ordered some black acorn style lug nuts from real truck an online retailer. It was a good price and included locks RHI Hex Lug Nut Kit
Part #: RHI-8444K6-B . They are a smaller socket size then oem, but are the correct thread size, they look much better then chrome would with the ledge 6 wheels in my opinion.

Last edited:

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
Bumping this thread as I'm considering the Rugged Treks, too. How are they holding up @OC.13? Anyone else also tried these? I love the look of the Duratracs but hate how they sound after wear. These look incredibly similar and I love Cooper tires.

clk1984

Reaction score

I've had the Rugged Treks on for about 6 months and they are fairly quiet and have had great performance in the snow so far. (4th Gen truck, I know)

Attachments

• IMG_20211021_134018499.jpg
    IMG_20211021_134018499.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 104

craigmw

Reaction score
Finally pulled the trigger on some wheels and tires for the RAM. Weld ledge 6, with the new Cooper Rugged Trek. What you guys think?
Looks really nice. I've been considering the 20x10, black version of these Weld Ledge 6 wheels and am curious how yours are holding up. My OCD cringes a bit when looking at all those nooks and crannies to keep clean. Input from any other members on this forum is also welcome.

OC.13

Reaction score
Sorry for delay, been away from the site for a bit. So I have been running this set up for about a year. As far as the rugged treks go, they have performed exceptional in rain, snow, mud, sand and pavement. They are pretty quiet in my opinion, handle great. As far as the weld wheels, they do take some time to clean because of the nooks and crannies, nothing terrible though. I ceramic coated them and that helps quite a bit. They are holding up well finish wise even in the New Mexico Sun. All and all I am very happy with this set up. Again apologies for the delay.

Users who are viewing this thread