5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome our new moderators

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@HSKR R/T I am expecting no spam posts now that you're on the staff. 🤣
I'm not the main admin that can make changes to the membership process. All I can do is remove posts when seen or reported. Since it seems I am one of the early birds on the forum, hopefully between the other mods and myself we can get them cleaned up before the main users see them.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not the main admin that can make changes to the membership process. All I can do is remove posts when seen or reported. Since it seems I am one of the early birds on the forum, hopefully between the other mods and myself we can get them cleaned up before the main users see them.

I'm WFH unless traveling and generally working 0900 or a bit later until 0200-0300 MDT so I do see a lot of the spam rolling in late at night.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm WFH unless traveling and generally working 0900 or a bit later until 0200-0300 MDT so I do see a lot of the spam rolling in late at night.
I'm WFH today which is nice. Saw your message on Facebook when I got up in the middle of the night and decided to go deal with it so told my boss I was going to try working from home today since I'm beat.
Good news is in June when I move into my new home I will be working from home 2-3 days a week which will allow me to spend a lot more time on here.

Last edited:

mophead

Reaction score
I just wanted to publicly welcome and thank @Brutal_HO @djevox @Eighty and @HSKR R/T for volunteering to help assist our existing moderators with the forum. The site has definitely grown a lot since we have added any moderators and everyone helping out should definitely help with the spam situation.
Congrats and THANKS!

Quick dumb question, if we click on a post that is spam is there any risk even if we don't click on anything in the post? Seen a few obvious ones in the middle of the night and was going to Report them, but wasn't sure that was a good idea.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats and THANKS!

Quick dumb question, if we click on a post that is spam is there any risk even if we don't click on anything in the post? Seen a few obvious ones in the middle of the night and was going to Report them, but wasn't sure that was a good idea.

No, no risk at all. I would just recommend not clicking the links in the spam posts for obvious reasons.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I cleared at least 4 spam threads tonight that nobody bothered to report. most had 15+ views.

As Jared said, no harm in scrolling to the bottom of the post and reporting it.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
When I see these spam posts I don't even open them. If someone were able to add a Report button to the info that you see when you hover over the username, I would report more

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When I see these spam posts I don't even open them. If someone were able to add a Report button to the info that you see when you hover over the username, I would report more
If you click the username, that would have the report button under their name on the profile page. I’m not sure if the site owner is willing to do what you want, but modifying core layout could open the door for issues when upgrading. Either way, a lot of actions are in the works to cut down on the spam.

Users who are viewing this thread