5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird phone issue

Klute

Reaction score
I have the 8.4 head unit and have always had problems using Android 'Auto' (oxymoron, nothing auto about it). Sometimes it works, most of the time not. Very frustrating. My phone is a Samsung S8 Active, recently every time I plug into the USB-C port it starts charging as usual. But recently I get the dreaded 'moisture in USB/charging port' error and it will not charge/connect to head unit and I have to unplug b/c the error means that it could damage the phone. Power off/on and the message goes away. Now, this only happens when plugging into the truck. Any other time I plug into charge, no moisture error. I have used multiple cables etc, so I doubt it is the cable. I have contacted Samsung, and they provided no help at all. Last time I contacted FCA help they were less help than Samsung.

I know this is a first-world problem, but it's just frustrating when you can't use the advertised capabilities of the system.

Anyone else have similar issues like this?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the 8.4 head unit and have always had problems using Android 'Auto' (oxymoron, nothing auto about it). Sometimes it works, most of the time not. Very frustrating. My phone is a Samsung S8 Active, recently every time I plug into the USB-C port it starts charging as usual. But recently I get the dreaded 'moisture in USB/charging port' error and it will not charge/connect to head unit and I have to unplug b/c the error means that it could damage the phone. Power off/on and the message goes away. Now, this only happens when plugging into the truck. Any other time I plug into charge, no moisture error. I have used multiple cables etc, so I doubt it is the cable. I have contacted Samsung, and they provided no help at all. Last time I contacted FCA help they were less help than Samsung.

I know this is a first-world problem, but it's just frustrating when you can't use the advertised capabilities of the system.

Hi Klute,
We are sorry to hear about your frustrations. If you are interested, please private message us with your VIN and we can take a further look into this for you!
Laura
Ram Cares

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Do you have a family member with another phone you can test to see if it suffers from the same issues? At least that way you can help determine if it's a truck issue or phone issue.

Klute

Reaction score
I will do that. Problem is, all other family members are iPhones and they use 'CarPlay'. If they work I will try and find an Android guinea pig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online