5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird condensation build up

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Dropped it off yesterday looks like it was the rear window seal according to the dealership technician. I’m getting a rental on Ram and they will probably have my truck to me by Wednesday as they have the parts in stock.
Did you check out the "rear window surround cracked" thread?

Reaction score
I checked this morning and unfortunately it is leaking! This is unacceptable for a $63,000 truck!
I read this whole Thread Sunday night during the super bowl. A week or if not two weeks ago the central coast in CALI got a lot of rain I left the truck parked for the week, one day I got in and the window was wet on the inside wiped it off then continued about my day. Today I remembered about the thread so I check my rear carpet and it’s soaked still. Rain stopped about a week ago. Taking the truck in next Wednesday hopefully I get lucky and get a new carpet. I’m going to have them check the roof antenna while they’re at it.

RajD1992

Reaction score
I read this whole Thread Sunday night during the super bowl. A week or if not two weeks ago the central coast in CALI got a lot of rain I left the truck parked for the week, one day I got in and the window was wet on the inside wiped it off then continued about my day. Today I remembered about the thread so I check my rear carpet and it’s soaked still. Rain stopped about a week ago. Taking the truck in next Wednesday hopefully I get lucky and get a new carpet. I’m going to have them check the roof antenna while they’re at it.
Get them to check everything! I did and I should be getting my truck back today or tomorrow. Apparently my carpet was “salvageable” according to the technicians.

RamGuy32

Reaction score
Yes, have them check the window (notorious for cracks in the frame), the antenna, and third brake light. My dealer replaced the headliner, back wall treatment and carpet as well as the window, antenna (with new fasteners and gasket), and the rear brake light with new gaskets. Hopefully you get that addressed well.

RajD1992

Reaction score
Yes, have them check the window (notorious for cracks in the frame), the antenna, and third brake light. My dealer replaced the headliner, back wall treatment and carpet as well as the window, antenna (with new fasteners and gasket), and the rear brake light with new gaskets. Hopefully you get that addressed well.
I had such a horrible experience with the dealership I went too. Does it make a difference if it’s the dealership you bought your truck from?

RamGuy32

Reaction score
I had such a horrible experience with the dealership I went too. Does it make a difference if it’s the dealership you bought your truck from?
I think that may have had an issue as I did go to the dealer I purchased it from. If they wanted my return business they would get it done right and they did. Hard to say though as I see so many stories of dealerships that just don't give a darn after the sale. But then, if you're buying from a dealership that has a two star dealer or yelp review, what do you expect?! :) Mine was 4 .5 stars and that's pretty good for a dealership. I can see why they're rated that with the service I got. It took a while because the carrier they used to deliver the replacement windows (yes windowS) kept breaking them in transit. It's hard enough to get replacement parts for our trucks as they're being used to build new ones. When they break the replacements, it takes even that much longer. I did get a case manager at FCA (Brianna) and she was calling me and dealer every day to ensure it stayed on track.

montyh

Reaction score
I just bought a 2021 ram long horn Friday and the first time it snowed I'm driving to Minneapolis and the entire truck fogs up on the inside like I couldn't see it was so bad. I turned the recirculation button off and it resolved but is this going to happen in the summer with the ac on now? And I have a whistling noise from my passenger side when I'm going over 60. I thought I was doing the right thing trading my 2019 chevy silverado because it to was pile of crap loud wind noise from the windshield loud going over bumps the truck would almost leave the road if it was a bigger bump the tyranny was clunky 45k miles same as the ram. Shoukd I also be prepared to wear a raincoat when it rains inside the truck? Why are all these vehicles such piles of garbage it's 2020s not 1920s

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Check to see if your windshield has been replaced. Many whistle noises are the result of a bad install. Many times there is not enough uerathane in the channel. You can test this by covering the perimeter edges of the shield with painters tape test drive and see if whistle still exists.

montyh

Reaction score
The windshield has the ram insignia on it if that matters. It's at the dealership now smh... two f'n days and I want to fix my 03 ford up and forget these new junk trucks.

U

User_3336

The windshield has the ram insignia on it if that matters. It's at the dealership now smh... two f'n days and I want to fix my 03 ford up and forget these new junk trucks.
Trade it if you're so unhappy. All you've talked about in your posts are how ram's are garbage, and Ford's are better. why are you still here? LOL

Users who are viewing this thread