5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird Ad Behavior

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those of us who are freeloaders see ads pop up here and there. Which I am fine with, after all someone has to pay the bills. I usually just click around or through or whatever. But I noticed that on the rare occasion that I see something that actually interests me, the thing I click on immediately disappears and is replaced with some random other thing which my browser goes to as if it were what I clicked on. FireFox if it matters, but FWIW the ads don't even work. Which I guess I am also okay with, but if advertisers found that out, would they stop supporting the site? Does something need fixed?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Likely a problem with the ad servicer not the website.
Probably set to rotate adds but always goes to 1 link regardless of which one you click on.

Actually pretty comical imo.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I use an ad blocker on my personal computer, but my work computer doesn't let me install one. So, when viewing this site, I get two ads that pop up under the search bar. I noticed that clicking the black space to the right of the ad makes them go away. I never clicked the ad itself though. I just assumed that was a way to make them go away as I read thru the page. They also reappeared when I click the next page at the bottom. I just ignore them now.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I use an ad blocker on my personal computer, but my work computer doesn't let me install one. So, when viewing this site, I get two ads that pop up under the search bar. I noticed that clicking the black space to the right of the ad makes them go away. I never clicked the ad itself though. I just assumed that was a way to make them go away as I read thru the page. They also reappeared when I click the next page at the bottom. I just ignore them now.
You can't add extensions in your web browser? Never seen that locked down before...

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't add anything. I work for a major health care provider and they have USB ports locked down, application installation locked down and they scan regularly for unapproved software that could be installed by some that have rights to do so.

With the restrictions we have, I've set up a personal laptop on my desk to do anything personal. I won't use my work laptop for any personal browsing as I don't think it's worth the risk if anybody is monitoring activity. Since we use Teams, I've even migrated away from making calls from my desk.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I can't add anything. I work for a major health care provider and they have USB ports locked down, application installation locked down and they scan regularly for unapproved software that could be installed by some that have rights to do so.

With the restrictions we have, I've set up a personal laptop on my desk to do anything personal. I won't use my work laptop for any personal browsing as I don't think it's worth the risk if anybody is monitoring activity. Since we use Teams, I've even migrated away from making calls from my desk.
So you can't click add to chrome on this webpage?

Or this for Firefox

Or this for Microsoft Edge

Users who are viewing this thread