5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weight Distribution Hitch w/jockey wheel

Ram1500DS

Reaction score
My recently purchased off road trailer has a jockey wheel on the exterior of the A-frame making it difficult if not impossible to attach a weight distribution hitch. Ram says I need this type of hitch for a trailer weighing more than, 5,000 lbs. Max weight for my trail is 6,600 lbs. I am looking for any suggestions or alternatives. I,m not looking to increase the trucks capacities just even out the weight.

Ram1500DS

Reaction score
My recently purchased off road trailer has a jockey wheel on the exterior of the A-frame making it difficult if not impossible to attach a weight distribution hitch. Ram says I need this type of hitch for a trailer weighing more than, 5,000 lbs. Max weight for my trail is 6,600 lbs. I am looking for any suggestions or alternatives. I,m not looking to increase the trucks capacities just even out the weight.

Attachments

• 20220617_111113.jpg
    20220617_111113.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 31

Ratchet

Reaction score
What in the T9000 Terminator is going on here? Got room for a standard or electric tongue jack inside the frame?

Ram1500DS

Reaction score
What in the T9000 Terminator is going on here? Got room for a standard or electric tongue jack inside the frame?
the plug is for the connection between the tow vehicle and the trailer to charge the lithium batteries. There is no room for a tongue jack as the parking brake is in the way. I could rotate the jockey wheel inside the frame if it came up high enough. no room to swinging it up out of the way.

Ratchet

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I'm familiar with the connections. Was just being a bit sarcastic. We don't see many trailers with that config over here with it being so flat. I'll pm ya to keep the thread clear.

Users who are viewing this thread