5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WeatherTech Hood Protector vs. Bug/Stone Deflector

brokebloke

Reaction score
Hello all. I just picked up my '19 Big horn. I'm planning on getting a set of weathertech mud flaps, but I cannot make up my mind on if I should go with the WT hood protector, or the bug/stone deflector. I have done a quick search and found a few things of the bug, but I cant find anything on the protector. Has anyone put this on their trucks yet? any photos of it installed?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I would NEVER stick anything to the hood of my truck period. As @Jtr stated, the stone deflector is what 99.9% of folks use and it can be easily removed if necessary.

Reactions: Jtr

Zeeya

Reaction score
I had the protector on my 2017 KR, downfall was I was in W Texas most of the time. Lasted about 3 months and the 3m tape started coming off of the hood. I bought it from the ford place so they replaced it. It lasted another 8 or so months and then I got rid of it after driving the Ram around the block. I am going with the deflector type this time and will not get the one that sticks to the hood via 3m tape.

Users who are viewing this thread