5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weather warning keeps coming on screen can't get rid of it...

yellowboy

Reaction score
Everytime I start up my truck I get a hurricane warning on my 12 inch screen from last week. The only options I can push are "ok" or "show map" Any way I can get rid of it without a trip to dealer ?

gpbst3

Reaction score
Following... I was searching on line and saw something about going into the U connect apps but I could not find anything.

Sidewinder81

Reaction score
Same problem! I keep hoping it will go away but so far it still keeps popping up.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
I was getting the same alerts but today it stopped finally. Ridiculous.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The annoying constant weather alerts! The Tazer dt eliminates these completely. Just one of the many useful features the tazer offers. One the best investments I've made for my ram to date.

Douglas31

Reaction score
I have found over the past year they usually go away after a couple days. What’s more annoying to me is I don’t get them for my local area but instead for another state.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have found over the past year they usually go away after a couple days. What’s more annoying to me is I don’t get them for my local area but instead for another state.
There are only 6 areas or so that Sirius has the weather/traffic has updates for. I don't know how close you have to be to get them but I live in San Diego and get Los Angeles updates all the time.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update to an old thread. Short of 3rd party products (e.g. TazerDT that MValdez metioned) there are only 2 ways to make it stop:

1. Go back to the dealer you bought the truck from and have them cancel the Travel Link free trial.

2. Call SiriusXM and cancel all of your services (satellite radio, Guardian, Travel Link, and Traffic) then start an entirely new subscription for your radio.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Update to an old thread. Short of 3rd party products (e.g. TazerDT that MValdez metioned) there are only 2 ways to make it stop:

1. Go back to the dealer you bought the truck from and have them cancel the Travel Link free trial.

2. Call SiriusXM and cancel all of your services (satellite radio, Guardian, Travel Link, and Traffic) then start an entirely new subscription for your radio.

Hi,

Were you able to successfully get this to stop? If not, please let me know!

Alison
RamCares

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi,

Were you able to successfully get this to stop? If not, please let me know!

Alison
RamCares
I was not. After several calls with SiriusXM there are only 2 options: go back to the selling dealership and have them cancel the trial or cancel your entire service (gets rid of all your free trials) and start a new subscription.

Users who are viewing this thread