5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weather Tech or Husky floor mat ?

Kirk 427

Reaction score
Which floor mat is better Weather Tech or Husky? Does one cover more or fit better? Especially the door sill mine is getting all scratched up thanks

Hemidakota

Reaction score
I have the weather tech and enjoy mine. Buddy has the Mopar and they are very nice.

Hemidakota

Reaction score
Still has some scuffs and yeah it makes me mad. They must have made this stuff out of the softest plastic they could find because it scratches easily. I had scratches when it was new from the delivery guy
IMG_20211114_142110387_HDR.jpg

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Which floor mat is better Weather Tech or Husky? Does one cover more or fit better? Especially the door sill mine is getting all scratched up thanks
I have the Mopar mats and they have very good coverage but if you're looking to help protect the door sill forget about it. I would do the WeatherTech HP mats myself if I did it again. I especially like the fact that they are based right here in the US and everything that they make as much as possible is sourced and made here as well.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Smartliner and Maxliner have a nice fit over the door sill and keep their shape over time. Very easy to keep clean with a small brush kept on the door panel. I keep the oem carpet mat with the help of some "heavy duty extreme dual lock".

1636925754773.png

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mopar slush mats are great. This is the first vehicle wear I didn’t order better mats right off the bat. Had Husky on my 4th gen Ram and have had Weathertech on other vehicles. I will say this I hat the material Weathertech uses it’s fine when it’s in the vehicle but the minute you need to pull them out to empty them good luck, materials just to hard and stiff and you’ll ended up spilling whatever your attempting to dump out. Husky and Mopar are way more flexible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nbase

Reaction score
I have the Mopar mats in my Ram, and like them a lot, when you clean them they look clean. We have the Weathertech liners in my wife's Pacifica, and they never look clean, no matter what you use to clean them or how hard you scrub.

Moosefire66

Reaction score
My weather tech hits the bottom of my driver's door and is bunched up by the door sil now. It looks like dog poo

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

deanno33

Reaction score
While waiting for my 2022 order I purchased a new 2021 which had carpet mats. I didn't want to spend much on all weather mats since I'm selling the 2021 when the 2022 comes in. Grabbed these from Amazon. They are awesome, total coverage, perfect fit and cost 99 bucks. I would literally buy / keep them for the 2022 if it wasn't already coming with the Mopar mats from factory. Anyway just an option if someone is searching for a less expensive alternative.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211114-183337_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20211114-183337_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 90

Nova90

Reaction score
Weathertechs reduced their quality from when they first came to market. The material seems like a cheaper plastic and is prone to the edges curling. I switched to the Husky E-xact Liners and was very happy with them in my 2017 4th Gen Ram. I preordered a set of Huskys for my 2021 Rebel. Once I took delivery of the Rebel, I found the Mopar OEM Ram mats to be much better...so, I returned the Huskys and just went with the Mopars. As an added bonus, the Mopars are cheaper than the Weathertechs and Huskys. No brainer to go with Mopar.

Reverse

Reaction score
I used to be a Weathertech fanboy, but the Mopar mats are in a different league: thicker and softer, they follow the floor's contours much better than Weathertech's mats. Look better as well, and clean up better too for some reason. They make the Weathertechs look cheap.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
+1 for Mopar. I've had both Husky and Weathertech in the past...I'll take these Mopars for $130 all day long. Agree with the others too...they are easy to clean. I could never get the Weathertechs clean.

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Smartliner and Maxliner have a nice fit over the door sill and keep their shape over time.
I've got Smartliner and they fit great. In fact I like them better than the Mopar liners I had in my last truck because the two "clips" at the back (near the seat) are covered on the Smartliner. They still clip in, but they're covered. The Mopar mats had a hole there, which could allow water to get through if you have snow on your boots. In NE Ohio that's a very common thing, so it was a concern for me. Front and rear was $140 so not a bad price either. FWIW, I pulled the Smarliner sticker off the mat so they're just plain black now.

Users who are viewing this thread