5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weather alerts from wrong area?

Volkster

Reaction score
My truck has the 12” infotainment system and ever since I got the truck I get random pop-up weather alerts only for areas 3 hours away from me. I call SiriusXM and they said everything is correct on their end and to check with dealer about how they set it up or possibly a software update. All the info for weather and traffic is correct when I click on the appropriate links, its only the pop-up alerts for weather. Anyone else have such a problem?

BTK

Reaction score
No issues with my 12" setup.
That said, sometimes the weather service get lazy and puts huge blocks of the state under watches.

Check the map here to make sure your watches and warnings are the same:
https://www.weather.gov/

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same problem dont know how to change it. Very irritating. Truck came from a dealer in PA and I get alerts for CT and MA but live in NY 3-4 hours from there

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same problem dont know how to change it. Very irritating. Truck came from a dealer in PA and I get alerts for CT and MA but live in NY 3-4 hours from there
You can change the location your weather comes from through your UConnect. Go to " Settings" page, choose "Travel Link". Choose "Weather", then choose "Change". Pick the State and location you want your Weather for. Hope that works for you. Don't know how to stop Alerts, maybe someone else will know?

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can change the location your weather comes from through your UConnect. Go to " Settings" page, choose "Travel Link". Choose "Weather", then choose "Change". Pick the State and location you want your Weather for.
Thanks Ill give that a try in about a half hour once I get in the truck

Volkster

Reaction score
Thats where all my alerts cone from. We’re on to something. Very minor issue but interesting none the least

Reactions: BTK

badzdad

Reaction score
I called Sirius to try and cancel the Weather and Traffic portions of my free trial in an attempt to get rid of the alerts. I live in a very rural area so no traffic alerts apply to me and the weather alerts I get are from the wrong areas. There really has to be a way to disable the alerts from taking over your screen. Anyway....Sirius was zero help since all they could offer to do was cancel all the services or none. Its annoying enough that I'm considering that as an option.

BTK

Reaction score
I know when you renew you can leave off the traffic and weather; I did it for my Jeep.

Marc V

Reaction score
Very first post here, but kinda excited to hear that I'm not the only one with this problem. Sadly, I can't seem to correct it either. I tried the suggestion above by "duke2001", but i don't have a "Travel Link" options on my 2019 Ram Rebel (12" screen). I called SiriusXM and they didn't seem to have any options other than to resend a signal to my radio. Anyone else have any suggestions?

zlman

Reaction score
huh, Those warnings are kind of irritating to begin with, a distant area would drive me nuts.
I have nothing helpful to offer........

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Very first post here, but kinda excited to hear that I'm not the only one with this problem. Sadly, I can't seem to correct it either. I tried the suggestion above by "duke2001", but i don't have a "Travel Link" options on my 2019 Ram Rebel (12" screen). I called SiriusXM and they didn't seem to have any options other than to resend a signal to my radio. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Hi,
I'm so sorry to hear this. Have you been able to get in contact with SiriusXM about this concern? I would recommend reaching out to them.

Alison
RamCares

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only way to get rid of those alerts is to cancel your Travel Link package (5 years free with the truck). I don't know if that includes the 5 years of free traffic too or not (normally $4/month).

Unfortunately there are only so many cities that there is weather for. If you don't cancel the service you are stuck with the warning pop-ups for 5 years.

steveved

Reaction score
I called Sirius to try and cancel the Weather and Traffic portions of my free trial in an attempt to get rid of the alerts. I live in a very rural area so no traffic alerts apply to me and the weather alerts I get are from the wrong areas. There really has to be a way to disable the alerts from taking over your screen. Anyway....Sirius was zero help since all they could offer to do was cancel all the services or none. Its annoying enough that I'm considering that as an option.

I don't think it is Sirius XM. I did NOT opt to pay for it after the trial period was over. I get weekly Email from Sirius XM about coming back to the family. Yet, I still get the weather popups for stuff 3 or 4 counties away. So, I have a hard time believing that Sirius is giving something to me for free when I am not paying them for service.

Just my 2 cents.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't think it is Sirius XM. I did NOT opt to pay for it after the trial period was over. I get weekly Email from Sirius XM about coming back to the family. Yet, I still get the weather popups for stuff 3 or 4 counties away. So, I have a hard time believing that Sirius is giving something to me for free when I am not paying them for service.

Just my 2 cents.

SiriusXM radio and remote start service only free for 1st year, TravelLink is free for 5 year.

Do you have to have NAV to get these warnings? I've never seen one.

Yes

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have to have NAV to get these warnings? I've never seen one.
I think so based on what the Travel Link package offers. I have NAV so never really thought about if everyone gets them.

Just my 2 cents.
They are all Sirius XM, just different product packages as gHiDoRa said. Each package is its own individual "account" with SiriusXM so if you don't renew one it does not affect the others. Even though you dropped the satellite radio portion you still have the other features until they expire.

Here's what you get when you buy a new RAM (at least for my 2019):

1-year SiriusXM radio subscription
1-year SiriusXM Guardian service (SOS Call and Roadside Assistance Call, GPS tracking, remote lock/unlock/start)
5-year SiriusXM traffic service
5-year SiriusXM Travel Link (fuel prices, movie listings, sports scores, weather)

I learned something the other day. When my Guardian services expired at the end of my trial year I called to make sure that it was actually cancelled (I did not want to renew). It was cancelled but only because I did not have a credit card number on file. If I had a credit card on file it would have continued at the regular price!

NOTE: a word to the wise - call and confirm with SiriusXM no matter what you are doing to make sure that is exactly what is happening. If not, you might be paying full price for a service you thought was at a discount or cancelled.

Maloaded

Reaction score
My truck has the 12” infotainment system and ever since I got the truck I get random pop-up weather alerts only for areas 3 hours away from me. I call SiriusXM and they said everything is correct on their end and to check with dealer about how they set it up or possibly a software update. All the info for weather and traffic is correct when I click on the appropriate links, its only the pop-up alerts for weather. Anyone else have such a problem?
I just successfully changed my address for weather alerts. 2018 Jeep. In the "Apps" there is a button for "Travelink." Then press "Weather." Then press "Change." It gives you a list of the nearest weather stations you can choose from.

Tdb94tim

Reaction score
I just successfully changed my address for weather alerts. 2018 Jeep. In the "Apps" there is a button for "Travelink." Then press "Weather." Then press "Change." It gives you a list of the nearest weather stations you can choose from.
I’ve done that several times and it doesn’t change it on the home page if you use travel link. In set up/favorite mine shows Hudson Valley, in home page it shows CT? Never changes…..

Users who are viewing this thread