5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waze Navigation lagging issue

Pop's Ram

Reaction score
I'm one of those folks that almost always uses Waze, and I usually enter the address I'm going to even if I've been there a hundred times - I figure it helps with traffic, etc. I use Waze in my truck by utilizing Car2Play and Apple CarPlay while my phone is in the wireless charger. Well, something strange has happened to me twice that I know of. I'm driving along, come to a red light or a stop sign, and look over at the screen. Despite being at a dead stop, Waze is still showing me moving - at normal speed for the street! I realize that there is a lag time, sometimes as much as 30 seconds or more. Yesterday, going somewhere new I glanced over at the screen while on a highway and saw it telling me to make a turn. I did only to realize that it was a turn I actually made a minute previously. I will say that for me, Waze is usually very reliable and rarely has me going out of my way and never steers me wrong. But this time, it was off. The one common occurrence I know of between yesterday and the previous time I noticed the lag was that it was on a longer trip, almost 45 minutes to an hour or more long and into my ride. That said, it was way off and I would have had to pull over and "wait" for it to catch up if I realized the lag was present and did not want to get lost. Not very practical, and relies on my noticing that the lag is there.

Anyone else experience this before? Is there a way to "fix it"?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I use Waze and Android Auto every time I'm in the truck and I've never experienced this. I use the Motorola wireless AA adapter. I'm on Uconnect 4.

RamCares

Reaction score
I'm one of those folks that almost always uses Waze, and I usually enter the address I'm going to even if I've been there a hundred times - I figure it helps with traffic, etc. I use Waze in my truck by utilizing Car2Play and Apple CarPlay while my phone is in the wireless charger. Well, something strange has happened to me twice that I know of. I'm driving along, come to a red light or a stop sign, and look over at the screen. Despite being at a dead stop, Waze is still showing me moving - at normal speed for the street! I realize that there is a lag time, sometimes as much as 30 seconds or more. Yesterday, going somewhere new I glanced over at the screen while on a highway and saw it telling me to make a turn. I did only to realize that it was a turn I actually made a minute previously. I will say that for me, Waze is usually very reliable and rarely has me going out of my way and never steers me wrong. But this time, it was off. The one common occurrence I know of between yesterday and the previous time I noticed the lag was that it was on a longer trip, almost 45 minutes to an hour or more long and into my ride. That said, it was way off and I would have had to pull over and "wait" for it to catch up if I realized the lag was present and did not want to get lost. Not very practical, and relies on my noticing that the lag is there.

Hello,

Thank you for grabbing our attention on this. Our team would like to dig further into this for you. Please send us a PM, we'd be happy to assist.

William
Ram Cares

Splat10

Reaction score
Waze is doing similar for me (pixel 3 and pixel 6a, both). I was in my wifes car yesterday and waze ran ok (other than the occasional resets. No freezing on her GM. I missed a turn on a trip recently with waze because it was frozen. I prefer waze on google maps for the better crown sourcing but it's basically not functional anymore. It was fine for the first couple of years of owning the truck.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Have you tried different USB cables? Maybe get a better one. I've never had an issue and use Waze everyday. It sounds like a bad connect either USB or cellular. Where is your phone when it is connected? Maybe move it to another location. You could also try the back seat USB ports if equipped.

reb0957

Reaction score
I went through this about a year ago! I am going through it again on a Pixel 6. It isn't the phone because google maps works. I have several debugging reports sent to WAZE and they always ask for info you can;t grab while plugged into AA on the truck because you can;t open WAZE on the hone while plugged in.

vincentw56

Reaction score
I remember reading an article about disabling location services on Android Auto. This would fix issues in Waze. I've not had issues for a while but I know when I did, I did this and it worked.

smoedog

Reaction score
I had this issue a month ago and like above, disabling location services in android auto fixed it. The reasoning behind it was android auto was feeding the GPS data to waze and causing issues. Disabling it, forces waze to pull its own data. I haven't had any other issues.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I stopped using Waze a couple years ago for same reason. It was never accurate. Driving on freeway it would show me driving on side streets next to freeway, and routinely wouldn't get turn notifications until I was right at intersection, or just past. Pretty much use Google maps exclusively now. Every now and then I will pull i Waze because it does seem the traffic is more accurate with it, and want to see if it directs me s different route because of it.

n8zcc

Reaction score
I use both Waze and Google maps on a 2022 Uconnect 5 under AA with a Samsung S21 Ultra, no issues with either.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I use both Waze and Google maps on a 2022 Uconnect 5 under AA with a Samsung S21 Ultra, no issues with either.
Waze worked great for a month or two, then started getting worse and worse. I don't use it for actual navigation anymore, just use it to check route s google maps during high traffic times

reb0957

Reaction score
Waze worked great for a month or two, then started getting worse and worse. I don't use it for actual navigation anymore, just use it to check route s google maps during high traffic times
going to be specific to Android phones. If Waze lags using Android Auto, Go into the Android Auto and disable all location. At least for me on a PIXEL 6 that solved it.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
going to be specific to Android phones. If Waze lags using Android Auto, Go into the Android Auto and disable all location. At least for me on a PIXEL 6 that solved it.
I wasn't using Android Auto at that time

fact mechanic

Reaction score

Same thing for me. iPhone and a wireless CarPlay adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online