5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waze help

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I use Waze for navigation on my iPhone 13 via CarPlay. How can I give Waze hand free instructions? I have google assistant installed, and I can say “hey google” when my phones not hooked up to the truck. However, nothing happens when I’m using CarPlay.

Thanks

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hold down the green "call" or "phone" button on the steering wheel. That should activate siri/iphone mic input.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I can never get it to work properly. I can ask for places like Walmart and it works. But if I use the commands to report stuff, it never works.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hold down the green "call" or "phone" button on the steering wheel. That should activate siri/iphone mic input.
I normally hold down the voice command button to access Siri, and it does not access google assistant. I can try the green tho. Thanks

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I can never get it to work properly. I can ask for places like Walmart and it works. But if I use the commands to report stuff, it never works.
How are you able to do this hand free? Thanks

Ratchet

Reaction score
If you physically plug in an iOS device to the vehicle, the vehicle interface will default to Apple CarPlay and Siri comes into the picture. Long press the green phone button on steering wheel for Siri access. A quick tap of same button accesses Uconnect. CarPlay and Uconnect will somewhat play well with each other.

Google assistant is for Android Auto and you'll need to have an Android device physically plugged into the vehicle for that interface to work properly I would think. Uconnect mostly likely isn't going to want to talk to both CarPlay and Android Auto/Google commands at the same time with an iphone connected. I honestly don't think it can.

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you physically plug in an iOS device to the vehicle, the vehicle interface will default to Apple CarPlay and Siri comes into the picture. Long press the green phone button on steering wheel for Siri access. A quick tap of same button accesses Uconnect. CarPlay and Uconnect will somewhat play well with each other.

Google assistant is for Android Auto and you'll need to have an Android device physically plugged into the vehicle for that interface to work properly I would think. Uconnect mostly likely isn't going to want to talk to both CarPlay and Android Auto/Google commands at the same time with an iphone connected. I honestly don't think it can.
Thanks, I didn't plug my Note10 phone in to Uconnect this week-end and couldn't get it to follow voice commands. Now I understand why.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bro. Just tell Siri to find your destination on Waze. She’ll do it for you and while Waze is on you can ask Siri to make a call from your contacts or any numbers that you say. Sounds like google assistant is messing you up. Google wants you to use google maps

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Bro. Just tell Siri to find your destination on Waze. She’ll do it for you and while Waze is on you can ask Siri to make a call from your contacts or any numbers that you say. Sounds like google assistant is messing you up. Google wants you to use google maps
Tried to get Siri to do it, but she won’t. I’d like to use Waze reporting for accidents and traffic jams hands free. It works really well, just not with iOS apparently.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Update: held the green call button on the steering wheel. It does nothing. If I hold the voice command button, it activates Siri. I then say “hey google” and Siri says “what do you want to tell google”

Then I say a report command and “Siri says it can’t do that blah blah….please continue on your device”

Not sure what to do now. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ratchet

Reaction score
Crap. My bad. I do apologize. It's not the green button. It is the voice com button. Holding it down activates Siri only. You're not going to get an Android device to play well with CarPlay as it's an iOS based kernal.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That was never implemented into Waze. The features would have to be added.

Users who are viewing this thread