5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ways to achieve 1" ORG type lift

Burner_After

Reaction score
Suspension is the component I know the least about on my truck. I have a big horn 4x4 without air suspension that does not have the factory ORG. I really like the way the slight 1" lift of the ORG looks and want to achieve that with mine. What would you recommend to do to get that 1" of lift all around? Could I simply add the ORG coil springs? Would bilstein 5100 series adjustable shocks I've read about on here work? Something else? I don't want anything more than an inch as I don't want to screw with the geometry too much and potentially wear out components too quickly (been there). Thanks!

cervelo15

Reaction score
Just my two cents, but the Bilstein route seems the most flexible. With the ORG, it’s a fixed 1”. But with the Bilsteins, you can dial in the shorter amount of lift for now, and if you wanted to go higher in the future, its already built in.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Go cheap and grab some ORG take offs from someone who did a bigger lift on their truck. Just make sure to verify they are ORG coil springs before buying

Burner_After

Reaction score
Just my two cents, but the Bilstein route seems the most flexible. With the ORG, it’s a fixed 1”. But with the Bilsteins, you can dial in the shorter amount of lift for now, and if you wanted to go higher in the future, its already built in.
Makes sense. Are the Bilsteins only adjustable in the front? Or do they make them adjustable all the way around?

Burner_After

Reaction score
Go cheap and grab some ORG take offs from someone who did a bigger lift on their truck. Just make sure to verify they are ORG coil springs before buying
That's a great idea. I'll be on the lookout for newly-lifted trucks!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Makes sense. Are the Bilsteins only adjustable in the front? Or do they make them adjustable all the way around?
Only the front are adjustable. The rear you would have to use spacers or lift coils

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's a great idea. I'll be on the lookout for newly-lifted trucks!
If my front Fox shocks ever come in, I’ll have ORG components (shocks and springs, front and rear) available. I’ve got the rear shocks already, but fronts are on back order everywhere. I’ll get them in January if I’m lucky, but I wonder.

Users who are viewing this thread