5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waterfall in the truck

Hemidakota

Reaction score
I think this is the worst I have seen. Everything is soaked! This is a friend's 21 Limited Longhorn with pano roof and LED brake light with the camera. She said the rear window frame is not cracked. Supposed to be taken to the dealership on Monday. One dealership said it might take two months to get parts which is insane.
30479.jpeg 30488.jpeg

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Maybe the third brake light or the shark fin. Let us know what they say

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
That's real bad. If I had to guess it's the Shark Fin maybe combined with the 3rd brake light. I have my rear window being replaced next week under warranty. Thankfully, it's a black interior so I don't need a new headliner.

knightro84

Reaction score
Mine leaked, not nearly that bad, without the cracked rear window frame. I went and bought the thicker foam seal from Home Depot that can be found via search on the forum (there are a ton of posts about this), and I also dropped a bead of clear RTV between the cab of the truck and the glass along the entire top and sides of the window. Hasn't leaked a single drop since.

With the tan headliner, I'd be brining that back to the dealer regardless to get the headliner cleaned or replaced.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine leaked, not nearly that bad, without the cracked rear window frame. I went and bought the thicker foam seal from Home Depot that can be found via search on the forum (there are a ton of posts about this), and I also dropped a bead of clear RTV between the cab of the truck and the glass along the entire top and sides of the window. Hasn't leaked a single drop since.

With the tan headliner, I'd be brining that back to the dealer regardless to get the headliner cleaned or replaced.
This is exactly what I did on my Rebel and *knock on wood* hasn't leaked since. Dealer wanted to schedule an appointment 3 weeks out to just look at it.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's probably the third brake light seal. They go bad after a while or if you ever take the light off you are almost garanteed it won't reseal properly without replacing it. My window frame just cracked and while it is leaking, the headliner is not wet just seeping in from the window frame and down the window, I applied some silicone last night will see what happens. You can tape around the brake light and across the top of the window to temporarily stop the leak until you can get it fixed.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Another possibility is plugged drain tubes for the pano sunroof. I've seen that happen on other cars that had plugged drain tubes. Water collects in the sunroof pan, and overflows the edges when the truck moves. Also known as in-car shower.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
Another possibility is plugged drain tubes for the pano sunroof. I've seen that happen on other cars that had plugged drain tubes. Water collects in the sunroof pan, and overflows the edges when the truck moves. Also known as in-car shower.

I could be wrong, but I think that usually shows itself in the front passenger footwell. They may have changed the design though.

knightro84

Reaction score

This is a good one to check too because that is a lot of water. There are drain tubes on each corner of the pano roof - the rears route through the headliner and down each corner of the cab and out the back of the cab, in between it and the front of the bed - you can see the drain tubes sticking out of the cab if you look between the cab and bed. Might want to check those are fully connected in the headliner (or have the dealer do it). You could test it by pouring water in the frame of the sunroof and you can see/hear it drain through the back of the cab.

If the fronts were messed up the front floorboards would likely be wet.

Hemidakota

Reaction score
UPDATE

Dealership called and said it is the 3rd brake light. They ONLY want to replace the seal and told her they WOULD NOT replace/fix ANY water damage caused. Stay away from Southern CDJR in Houston. I told her to pull her truck from there and she's looking for another dealership.

Shanroxs

Reaction score
So the truck in this thread is actually my truck… 95952ECF-365F-4A62-A484-8C823FECED13.jpeg
@RamCares I have gone round and round with Southfork DCRJ. They started out wanting to replace the gasket only and cleaning the headliner, then after complaining and many calls to the service manager they took more picture and said the headliner would be covered under warranty. They haven’t addressed my water soaked and now discolored leather seats or the carpet which as I understand isn’t much like carpet and more like a sponge with the sound deadening foam or whatever underneath. Pretty sure it has mild and or mildew inside, since I’m sure it’s been leaking for a while to some degree. My OEM windshield was cracked pulling it out to replace the headliner and was told it’s like $1800 to replace it, which they say isn’t covered under warranty because it had a chip somewhere on it. They want to replace it with aftermarket glass for free, but another dealership told me the heads up display may not be as clear with out the OEM glass. It’s still at the dealership over a month later, all the issues haven’t even been addressed yet. I know Mopar emails me about an extended warranty all the time, honestly I can’t even get the 3/36 repairs made without issues why would I wanna pay for an extended? I love my truck, but service is seriously lacking!

Users who are viewing this thread