5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water under passenger floor board area

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you give your truck the Carolina Squat treatment? That might prevent the condensation from flowing freely. Just a (largely useless) thought.
As in where the front half of the truck is lifted and the rear is lowered? If so, no lol. My truck is stock as far as the suspension goes.

Ramjack

Reaction score
As in where the front half of the truck is lifted and the rear is lowered? If so, no lol. My truck is stock as far as the suspension goes.
I figured. Not making light of your situation. I know it has to be frustrating. But you will figure it out.

turkeybird56

Reaction score
Yes, of course I may have one of the older DTs as it'll be three years old next month.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 052505 miles.
Yup, but yours is just slightly older than mine. My Build is July 2018, bought 1 Aug 2018, LOL. Did U get the exterior LED package, I got level II with LED< just not the "moving" projectors, but gotta luv the lighting, LOL.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Water leaks are very frustrating as it could be coming in from a completely different area than where it settles

Chasing down my leaks I have read several posts that mention a "water leak expert" that visits dealerships. Speaks volumes about the build quality if a job like that exists

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Water leaks are very frustrating as it could be coming in from a completely different area than where it settles

Chasing down my leaks I have read several posts that mention a "water leak expert" that visits dealerships. Speaks volumes about the build quality if a job like that exists
Yep...that's who I'm told to see on Friday, the leak expert

turkeybird56

Reaction score
I can not REPLY to the above post, just not be PC in any world, but I wish U good luck on finding out the source.

turkeybird56

Reaction score
NOW don't laugh and no snickers from the audience:
Here is what I did to assist the drain tube: Cut about a 4" piece of 5/8th heater hose, got a PVC CTS elbow 3/8" to 1/2". Stuck 3/8" end into hose. Put other end of hose over the AC drain pipe. Have the elbow kinda like 45 degrees in hose. Now drains a lot better, be that physics thing ref straight pipe to bent opening at a lower point.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
NOW don't laugh and no snickers from the audience:
Here is what I did to assist the drain tube: Cut about a 4" piece of 5/8th heater hose, got a PVC CTS elbow 3/8" to 1/2". Stuck 3/8" end into hose. Put other end of hose over the AC drain pipe. Have the elbow kinda like 45 degrees in hose. Now drains a lot better, be that physics thing ref straight pipe to bent opening at a lower point.
Can you post a picture of that setup?

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 98048

NOW nobody laugh, not wanna get kicked off internet, LOL, but it works
Nice picture and good solution, but your valve cover is dirty!

Bests,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 052719 miles.

turkeybird56

Reaction score

Bests,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 052719 miles.
Only thing I could think to do ref drain, kinda hillbilly like (stereotype), but works. I actually have a "brass" piece to put on hose if I think the PVC not take the temps. Yeah, lots of dust and stuff here. I have not sprayed the compartment, maybe some day, have to research ref a safe way to do.

turkeybird56

Reaction score

Bests,
Dusty
The AC TSB has worked well on this truck. I do have 1 issue, I lost some of the Remote Start Option , seems like when I Remote, even though I leave AUTO on, not work till P push start/stop. Dealership tried BS ref "Remote" start in Uconnect EVIC setting on seats/steering wheel, BS, something in BCM and I do not run alpha obd or have a bypass to do myself.

Pic 1.JPG Pic 2.JPG Pic 3.JPG Pic 4.JPG Pic 5.JPG

Pic 1: Pic of My Uconnect Control Screen ref the "Remote Button U said musta been reset". OK, but that screen does not have ne thing to do with AC/HEAT on when U leave the Auto Controls set to what U like when turned on. THAT button only applies to Heated Steering Wheel/Heated Seats. Nothing to do on anything else.

Pic 2: Truck started remotely, notice display in EVIC Remote Start Activated

Pic 3: AC/Auto Button: Notice Nothing on when U remote start tho I left all on when turned off. This system as U know supposed to come on where U left it when U turn truck off so when U remote start, it sets truck environment that U like.

Pic 4: OK, I pushed the start/stop button now EVIC shows truck running, not in remote mode.

Pic 5: Notice now the Auto Controls are now lit up ref pic 4. That used to work prior to the AC TSB Hack.

NE THOUGHTS? Gotta be a BCM function not enabled, my thought.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I noticed a significant amount of water draining today when running the AC. So, maybe it actually is fixed now. I'm going to wait a few days after driving and running the AC before checking the carpet again. I dried it out real well the other night. I'll update this again after I recheck it.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Checked again today after running the AC wide open for a decent drive. The foam piece is nice and dry and the condensation is draining nicely now. Hopefully, this helps someone in the future who might experience the same issue.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just to update this one last time - checked the area again today and is dry as a whistle. So luckily for me, my issue was in fact the drain tube clogged up. Hopefully that's the last of my leak issues!

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup, but yours is just slightly older than mine. My Build is July 2018, bought 1 Aug 2018, LOL. Did U get the exterior LED package, I got level II with LED< just not the "moving" projectors, but gotta luv the lighting, LOL.
Sorry for the late response (I missed your question).

Yes, my Laramie came with the Level 1 LED light package and interior lighting.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 0530263 miles.

JD300WM

Reaction score
Just to update this one last time - checked the area again today and is dry as a whistle. So luckily for me, my issue was in fact the drain tube clogged up. Hopefully that's the last of my leak issues!
P
View attachment 98048

NOW nobody laugh, not wanna get kicked off internet, LOL, but it works
Just to confirm...this is on a 2021 RAM 1500? I was looking at the drain the A/C on my new truck the other day and thought that it’s a poor design and an issue waiting to happen.

turkeybird56

Reaction score
P

Just to confirm...this is on a 2021 RAM 1500? I was looking at the drain the A/C on my new truck the other day and thought that it’s a poor design and an issue waiting to happen.
My truck is a 2019 Bighorn. Unknown if the AC drain is in the same place on the 2021's, but I would think since now a Gen 5 truck, should be in same place with IMHO a poor design. Allows all that wind and debris and stuff to blow up in that area from the drivetrain, hence my lil hack.

Users who are viewing this thread