5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water Stained Headliner above Rear Window

magicman13

Reaction score
Just found this on both sides of my truck. I have an extended warranty, and got told by dealer and customer service, "tough luck"...unbelievable. Didn't know third brake light gasket is a wear item, and had a regular maintenance schedule?!?!?!? Over a $40K truck 5 years ago and now i got a stained roof...Gonna do wonders for a resale value! How long does customer service think they are going to treat customers like this and get repeat customers? Of course, they way they are going, maybe they won't be around next time to get bailed out.
EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED AND DISSAPPOINTED.

mcflygb

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 2500 mega cab. Been to the dealer twice, no resolution other than them telling me they can TRY to replace the back window for $1800! Today my headliner is soaked!

Attachments

• window.jpg
    window.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 17

mcflygb

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 2500 mega cab. Been to the dealer twice, no resolution other than them telling me they can TRY to replace the back window for $1800! Today my headliner is soaked!
Ram can shove these trucks up there _ss $80,000 truck and you get this with no help from the factory.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Warranties on third brake light, and rear windows has been extended. Staining form those should also be covered. There is a TSB on the issues.

mcflygb

Reaction score
Warranties on third brake light, and rear windows has been extended. Staining form those should also be covered. There is a TSB on the issues.
I cant find anything relating to that, plus it was just at the dealer and they said nothing about that either. Do you have something you can share?

6of36

Reaction score
I cant find anything relating to that, plus it was just at the dealer and they said nothing about that either. Do you have something you can share?
Look in the TSB thread. Cbty2050, who is a mechanic, posted it there, even though I had already known. 8 years, 150,000 miles on rear window, third brake light is different timeline, but also extended. If there is damage due to that issue, they have to fix that too. Right now it shows as the first regular thread there. Backlight/ rear window extended warranty, I believe, or something similar.

Nstoolman1

Reaction score
What if you have already applied a fix to the rear window prior to the TSB coming out? Any idea if they will make things correct?

6of36

Reaction score
What if you have already applied a fix to the rear window prior to the TSB coming out? Any idea if they will make things correct?
Yes they should. Take your receipt for costs to your dealer. They should be able to help file a claim.

chewmeista

Reaction score

6of36

Reaction score

Shadowsnkx

Reaction score
Looks like the TSB won't help us all. I have a 2019 that has leaked since it was new. The window frame crack is visible but I'm being told the following by Ram Cares.

Your vehicle is not listed on this extended coverage at this time. There are a few factors listed below. Should anything does change, we will let you know. Thank you for reaching out to us directly.

• Built in a different plant
  • Different build date of vehicle
  • Different part manufacturer
  • Different application
  • Different part material
  • Change in the manufacturing process
  • Issue discovered that affected a certain batch of parts

6of36

Reaction score
Looks like the TSB won't help us all. I have a 2019 that has leaked since it was new. The window frame crack is visible but I'm being told the following by Ram Cares.

Your vehicle is not listed on this extended coverage at this time. There are a few factors listed below. Should anything does change, we will let you know. Thank you for reaching out to us directly.

• Built in a different plant
  • Different build date of vehicle
  • Different part manufacturer
  • Different application
  • Different part material
  • Change in the manufacturing process
  • Issue discovered that affected a certain batch of parts
Are you on the right forum? All DTs are built at SHAP. You don't have a description of your truck.

Users who are viewing this thread