5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water leak - windshield?

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
The Safelite Manager called this morning and offered to have a mobile dent repair service come to my house to fix the damage. I politely explained it is a 2021 Ram and will go to the local dealers new state of the art collision repair center to ensure the paint matches and work is covered.

He agreed, said to get a quote this afternoon, send it to him and as long as it isn’t outrageous then he will approve. Will have to see what his definition is of outrageous. I just want it repaired…no extras, no paint made from the oil of baby seals or some other exotic and no body shop manager looking to put his kid through college on my repair.
Yeah I'd be pissed at the situation. I had my rear sliding window replaced under warranty and I found a couple minor scratches they left and I'm pissed about that. Fortunately it they are very small and in a spot not easily seen so touch up paint was fine. Plus I didnt want to bring it back to them because there would just be something else wrong when I got it back. I'm ok with my touch up job. Good luck

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, now I’m ready pissed! The morons at Safelite replaced the windshield they installed back in early October (due to an air leak on the top of the new windshield).

Today, they managed to scratch the red paint off between the side of the windshield and the a-pillar. See the pics.

I saw it as soon as I got him, took pics and called them. I saw on the dash a piece of window trim with red paint on it and snapped a pic too. They said I need to talk to the manager on Monday. I also sent pics to USAA as they need to make this right since Safelite is their “preferred” installer. NEVER use Safelite!!
Where in TX are you located. StateFarm told me to use Safelite and that's who I have my windshield replacement scheduled with too.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll see how they do here in DFW. Man I hope they don't screw anything up.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This can happen with any company, not just safelite. As with any company, there are plenty of satisifed customers out there and then plenty of unhappy customers. I work with a guy that does all of our windshield installs and every so often, he reseals one that comes back leaking. It happens. It sucks but as long as the company takes care of it, that is all that matters.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Satellite replaced my windshield in August did a perfect job. They recalibrated the forward collision with zero issues and everything looks perfect.
I understand that some have had bad installs and it happens but blanketly stating to stay away from satellite or that they do crap work is BS. Every shop has bad techs and every shop has good techs, satellite in Plano TX did a great job on my truck and I can assure you that I am that customer that customer that you don't want to cause any errant damages.

If you talk yo enough customers from other glass shops, you'll find the same customers with the same damages and dissatisfaction.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Satellite replaced my windshield in August did a perfect job. They recalibrated the forward collision with zero issues and everything looks perfect.
I understand that some have had bad installs and it happens but blanketly stating to stay away from satellite or that they do crap work is BS. Every shop has bad techs and every shop has good techs, satellite in Plano TX did a great job on my truck and I can assure you that I am that customer that customer that you don't want to cause any errant damages.

If you talk yo enough customers from other glass shops, you'll find the same customers with the same damages and dissatisfaction.
Glad you have your opinion. I still wouldn’t listen to a thing you or anyone else would say about the subject after the experience I’ve had with them not once but twice.

Users who are viewing this thread