5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water leak drivers side front floor board

raygun9

Reaction score
You can ping ramcares on here and see if they can help. Mine ended up being cloggged lines for the sunroof and the 3rd brake light gasket.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Mudbug1979

Reaction score
You can ping ramcares on here and see if they can help. Mine ended up being cloggged lines for the sunroof and the 3rd brake light gasket.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
I don't have a sunroof. I think it is getting in through the firewall or fender area.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your posts. It turns out that after 4 failed attempts to repair the leak FCA finally agreed to accept a surrender of the vehicle which I could not be happier with. If anyone is going through this issue or any other similiar issue except nothing but the resolution of a surrender. During this process I have had the worst customer care from the dealership and FCA. FCA insulates themselves, deflects and down plays every concern you have. The negative out of this deal is FCA will not supply a loaner vehicle while my 2021 Ram is being built even though this will be my 3rd consecutive Ram, so I will be without a vehicle for about 6-8 weeks at a minimum. FCA does not care nor provide minimum customer service. Hopefully no one has to go through what I did for the proper outcome for a similar concern.

The fact that you went through all of that and still ordered another Ram is admirable. I would be tempted to jump ship....although the other brands have water issues too.

I guess I'm about to ride this fun train now too. I bought a used 'certified' 2020 rebel last week and the driver side carpet was wet. I brought it in 2 days ago and got it back in a day. They said that the drain valve on the driver side of the sunroof was clogged. They unclogged it and preformed a leak test and it was all set. Went outside the AM and the carpet was wet... odd, it didn't rain at all last night.

I miss my 2012.

I just did a TSB on my cousin's 2020 F-250 to cure a wet floorboard issue. On those trucks, the HVAC condensation drain wasn't designed well and on some trucks it can drip out of the end of the tube in a fashion that allows the water to roll right back inside the firewall. It causes the carpet in the floorboard to get wet.

Once automotive carpet and pad gets wet it is very difficult to dry out. It's designed for insulation and a certain level of heat/fire protection, so it tends to trap water like a sponge and if you don't lift the carpet up and run a fan under it for a couple of days I've seen in take months to dry out on its own.

raygun9

Reaction score
I thought mine was all set, I went to the carwash last night for the first time in this truck (have had it since Oct) and the driver side carpet is soaked again. Its also under 30 out so the carpet was frozen solid. Trying it out today with a heater and I have no idea where to go from here. Last time it was at the dealer they "left it under running water for 2 hours" and couldn't find a leak.

Does anyone actually know how to find the drain lines on these Gen5s? The Gen4s you could see them but I can't see the front ones at all up in the pano-sunroof.

GerryS

Reaction score
I thought mine was all set, I went to the carwash last night for the first time in this truck (have had it since Oct) and the driver side carpet is soaked again. Its also under 30 out so the carpet was frozen solid. Trying it out today with a heater and I have no idea where to go from here. Last time it was at the dealer they "left it under running water for 2 hours" and couldn't find a leak.

Does anyone actually know how to find the drain lines on these Gen5s? The Gen4s you could see them but I can't see the front ones at all up in the pano-sunroof.
I had a leak in the same area. I posted a video of the leak. You can compare it to your leak to see if it’s coming from the same place:

Gerry

raygun9

Reaction score
I had a leak in the same area. I posted a video of the leak. You can compare it to your leak to see if it’s coming from the same place:

Gerry

Thanks for this, I will dig in and look more. What sucks is I thought it was all set but I had never taken the truck to a car wash... I'm wondering if mine is a leak from the lower area with the underspray wash. I dried everything out, will know tomorrow after this huge storm coming in.

JWiens19Hemi

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie quad cab, 3200 miles. Carpeting is soaked only on the drivers side front. I have an appointment with the dealership tomorrow. I found a TSB (which I attached) on this issue and was wondering if anyone has an experience with them performing repairs in the TSB. I am pretty nervous about them removing the fender. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
I took mine in for this same problem about two years ago. It sat in holding so long waiting to be looked at (all good though, i was in a free rental) that is started to have mildew smell. I was able to get the repair done that it recommends and also have the carpet replaced.

raygun9

Reaction score
I took mine in for this same problem about two years ago. It sat in holding so long waiting to be looked at (all good though, i was in a free rental) that is started to have mildew smell. I was able to get the repair done that it recommends and also have the carpet replaced.
The STAR article that says to epoxy the seam? I might just try this myself next week. Super frustrating.... I brought the article printed out to the dealer and they said they couldn't find any leak.

Users who are viewing this thread