5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water Leak 2019 Ram Rebel

Naples4u

Reaction score
Just dropped my 2019 rebel with 5000 miles on it off at dealer with a leak that soaked the driver's side carpet. Got a call later this afternoon stating the cab was not sealed properly at the factory . The dealership said they would need the truck for a few days because they had to take the fender off the truck and seal the cab. Not to happy that my new truck will be dismantled.

S

Smashy71

Just dropped my 2019 rebel with 5000 miles on it off at dealer with a leak that soaked the driver's side carpet. Got a call later this afternoon stating the cab was not sealed properly at the factory . The dealership said they would need the truck for a few days because they had to take the fender off the truck and seal the cab. Not to happy that my new truck will be dismantled.
That really sucks. Sometimes I think when trucks go through the quality check process around shift change on a Friday night and they just want to go home. I dunno. I had a new car back in 03 with a sunroof leak. Car had just over 100 miles and the factory didn’t seal the sunroof correctly. I always though I heard wind noise but didn’t pay it much attention because the radio was always loud. Long story short had one helluva rain storm over a weekend and I didn’t leave the house and the car had literally water standing in the floorboards. Car wouldn’t even start.

Blee2221

Reaction score
I feel your pain. Coming from an 18 Raptor that had 2,000 miles and only owned it for 2 months when I found water leaking inside the cab. Long story short, had it lemon lawed and started looking at other brands. Hoping (praying hard) the rebel I pick up on Saturday will be free of any defects.

Last edited:

dannydyn

Reaction score
This better not show up on Carfax.... water issues on Carfax are never good.

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What was the build date on your truck.

Rocketman

Reaction score

Very interested in this, as mine is also leaking on the drivers side. Would you mind sharing how they determined where the leak was? My service manager said they did several water tests, but could not get it to leak. I think mine is leaking in a similar way as yours, and knowing how your service guy found it, would help me point them in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RetMSGT

Reaction score
My Rebel leaked in the same spot. It took the dealer two attempts to fix the issue. It was leaking from an improper body seal in the same area (8/18 build). They had to remove the inner fender to reseal it. I am happy to report that it is no longer leaking. Really sucked dropping a one week old truck off and them keeping it a total of 9 days to fix it. I must have bad luck because my last two trucks leaked from bad body seals, but they were due to Fords new aluminum body F-150 and an F-250. I worked with Ram's customer service and they have reimbursed me two months of payments and are currently working on giving me an extended service plan for that and a few other issues I am having.

Last edited:

brewdad

Reaction score
My Rebel leaked in the same spot. It took the dealer two attempts to fix the issue. It was leaking from an improper body seal in the same area (8/18 build). They had to remove the inner fender to reseal it. I am happy to report that it is no longer leaking. Really sucked dropping a one week old truck off and them keeping it a total of 9 days to fix it. I must have bad luck because my last two trucks leaked from bad body seals, but they were due to Fords new aluminum body F-150 and an F-250. I worked with Ram's customer service and they have reimbursed me two months of payments and are currently working on giving me an extended service plan for that and a few other issues I am having.
Make sure the wet carpet and pads are replaced; they are covered by warranty.

RebelRam2019

Reaction score
I don’t think warranty work is ever listed on carfax, just accidents that go through insurance claims. I could be wrong but I never heard of that.
Sadly warranty work is often on Cafax, so this could very well end up on there. Not sure if the dealer can be requested not to put it on there or not. If it's on there it could definitely hurt the seller down the road.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sadly warranty work is often on Cafax, so this could very well end up on there. Not sure if the dealer can be requested not to put it on there or not. If it's on there it could definitely hurt the seller down the road.

REALLY! That’s crazy! I mean I guess it makes sense for the buyer so they know exactly what they’re getting into but for the seller who took care of a vehicle and didnt have any accidents, they get screwed in potential value

dcampb011

Reaction score
So I’ve got the water problem now too. Was smelling some mildew so I jumped on here and saw all this.
Started poking around the truck and only wet on the driver side front. Tore it apart and was puddles under carpet. Not my primary driver so it sits a lot.
We have had a ton of rain. I looked at the inner fender well and all looks good.
Now the good part. I crawl underneath and I see a plastic plug sitting on the lip of the inner fender in the fender. Tearing it apart tomorrow. Will let you know what I find. I do not have the sun roofs.

dcampb011

Reaction score
So I’ve got the water problem now too. Was smelling some mildew so I jumped on here and saw all this.
Started poking around the truck and only wet on the driver side front. Tore it apart and was puddles under carpet. Not my primary driver so it sits a lot.
We have had a ton of rain. I looked at the inner fender well and all looks good.
Now the good part. I crawl underneath and I see a plastic plug sitting on the lip of the inner fender in the fender. Tearing it apart tomorrow. Will let you know what I find. I do not have the sun roofs.

Attachments

• E2F84C47-5BA6-4461-BACC-E76D29DAC8AA.jpeg
    E2F84C47-5BA6-4461-BACC-E76D29DAC8AA.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 3D9D493F-F2AA-42C2-B658-9D72AE5468B0.jpeg
    3D9D493F-F2AA-42C2-B658-9D72AE5468B0.jpeg
    179.3 KB · Views: 86

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where is this location? Provide some reference point please. Thanks

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The leak is coming in on the driver side front kick panel. There is a push pin that hold the wire loom in place.
Was the leak through the hole for the push pin? Sorry, for being so inquisitive, but I did have a wet drivers side once and the dealer said they could not find any problem. Once it was dried up it hasn't happened again, but I am still watchful. So, any better description or pictures you may have would be appreciated. So I just noticed that you are looking for help from District Area Manager. Is this for your water leak problem, has it not been repaired or is it for something else. Have you contacted RamCare for help?

dcampb011

Reaction score
Was the leak through the hole for the push pin? Sorry, for being so inquisitive, but I did have a wet drivers side once and the dealer said they could not find any problem. Once it was dried up it hasn't happened again, but I am still watchful. So, any better description or pictures you may have would be appreciated. So I just noticed that you are looking for help from District Area Manager. Is this for your water leak problem, has it not been repaired or is it for something else. Have you contacted RamCare for help?
It is in for repair for the water leak now. Yes. Dealer is stating it could be weeks before they can get a special sealer for the seam. And the carpet is not available yet.

Users who are viewing this thread