5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water Leak - 2019 Ram 3500

Ninja Rooster

Reaction score
Hello; I’ve read through some of the water leak posts and will be checking some things on sun roof drainage.

I have a 2019 Ram 3500 Laramie with 27k miles. Out of warranty on time. I had water entering the third brake light and instead of going with the foam factory seal; I went with another seal that was recommended on forums. Seemed to have worked for a bit.

Yesterday I got in the truck to go get lumber and water poured out of the interior light in the headliner. It is the lowest point of the headliner and water from the rear window and 3rd brake light cannot get there without traveling up 2-3 inches. I believe only the sunroof can let water into this area. Here is a screenshot of what I found. I am going to try and replace the seal myself. Question is; my roof seems to press in extremely easy in the very center. Is this normal for the crap they’re producing now or am I missing a roof support?

Yes I know it’s dirty. It’s being detailed and ceramic coated next weekend if I fix the leak.

Attachments

• IMG_3887.png
    IMG_3887.png
    284.5 KB · Views: 8

astroalan

Reaction score
Hello; I’ve read through some of the water leak posts and will be checking some things on sun roof drainage.

I have a 2019 Ram 3500 Laramie with 27k miles. Out of warranty on time. I had water entering the third brake light and instead of going with the foam factory seal; I went with another seal that was recommended on forums. Seemed to have worked for a bit.

Yesterday I got in the truck to go get lumber and water poured out of the interior light in the headliner. It is the lowest point of the headliner and water from the rear window and 3rd brake light cannot get there without traveling up 2-3 inches. I believe only the sunroof can let water into this area. Here is a screenshot of what I found. I am going to try and replace the seal myself. Question is; my roof seems to press in extremely easy in the very center. Is this normal for the crap they’re producing now or am I missing a roof support?

Yes I know it’s dirty. It’s being detailed and ceramic coated next weekend if I fix the leak.
I see nobody replied to you. I only had one person reply to my leaking issues for the same model truck as yours but telling me I should try the HDRAMS part of this site. It seems that, even though our 2019 3500's ARE INDEED 5th gen, they are neither part of this part of the whole website nor part of the class action lawsuit. Not sure if you are aware but there is a class action lawsuit for the 5th gen 1500's that leak or have leaked.

I too installed a different seal inside the 3rd brake light and that problem area is cured. However, I seem to have an issue that no one else with a Ram has experienced. Not only was I experiencing water in the useless cubbies behind the passenger side rear seat, I was having water in that same rear seat floorboard and the front driver's floorboard. I was having water dripping from the center roof cluster up front (no sunroof). These were remedied with the 3rd brake light fix. My apparent unique issue is that I would have a solid sheet of water droplets on the inside of the front windshield AND in between the layers causing a fog. I put clear packing tape all across the front top bridging the gap between the roof and the windshield. Not one drop of water has leaked inside the truck and we have had some hard rains in Tennessee.

I suppose I need to suffer and go to the dealer to see what runaround, I mean, they have to say. I am reluctant due to the warranty being up.

Astro

Users who are viewing this thread