5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Washing the sport hood

XDBrad

Reaction score
Every time I wash the truck the sport hood mock vents hold water both under them as well as in them which leaves streaks of watermarks as you drive down the road while it’s drying. The work around for me is to raise the hood to allow the water to drain from under the hood panels.

Anyone else experiencing this, any better suggestions how to keep it from retaining water?

Flot

Reaction score
Same situation here, I usually pop the hood for a minute when I'm down washing. While I didn't expect the "vents" to be especially functional, I was a bit disappointed when I discovered that water pools in them.

DeanKing

Reaction score
Leaf blower or compressed air
I was going to say the same thing. I have a mustang and same thing happens. A battery operated leaf blower is quick and easy. Also gets water out of other nooks and crannies and wheels.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So drilling a drain hole through your hood is a non-starter? :eek:

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well for mine I’m actually going to leave it be. This will actually with the addition of my exhaust finish the exterior for me.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My carwash has compressed air handy at each wash bay... winter should be fun with these hoods! :eek:

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I only have my vehicles hand washed by my detailer. He’s anal and I just go inside my house for my sanity sake until he is done..

DeanKing

Reaction score
So technically it is a sport-capable hood.
If I understand correctly you can hook up the Mopar CAI to it. They call it Ram air but since the scoops face backwards I think the Ram is a noun for the truck not a verb like it was in the 60s versions.

MopaRAMan

Reaction score
Same problem here. I get lines on the front bumper from the drain hole in the vents. My mirrors cause even more of a problem for me. I go through an automatic wash that doesn’t quite rinse the soap completely out of them.

Users who are viewing this thread