5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wash before advertising?

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You’d think the dealer would wash the truck or retake the photo before posting this advertisement ...

Attachments

• 7A839CC8-9BB5-46B5-AD07-A7FB24EA9897.jpeg
    7A839CC8-9BB5-46B5-AD07-A7FB24EA9897.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 121

ericd

Reaction score
You’d think the dealer would wash the truck or retake the photo before posting this advertisement ...
that's funny. I saw this one yesterday and thought the same thing 51c74b143981911a34d0664c38ca01ed.jpg

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
How about this one a local dealer is advertising that has obviously been hit. (Check the black rub marks above the bumper)

00q0q_4YB6LKSqa4z_600x450.jpg

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A lot of dealers have a company come in and take pictures/videos and then upload them to their website. They just grab all that have arrived and take the pictures, clean or not.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I personally don't want them touching the truck. Dealer prep employees are usually not good detailers. That's why I order my vehicles and demand they don't wash it as terms of my purchase.

I did the same thing when I ordered. When I get oil changes or service I put sticky notes on my steering wheel and dash that says DO NOT WASH and have my service manager mark it down on the sheet.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There are two trains of thought on this for dealers... Some will only take photos once the truck has been through detail etc. Others will take photos immediately upon arrival so that they have actual pictures out there...
Personally, I am frustrated when I do an inventory search, find a truck I'm interested in, and then click on the dealer's site to find...a stock image. I'd rather see the actual vehicle, clean or not!

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
A lot of dealers have a company come in and take pictures/videos and then upload them to their website. They just grab all that have arrived and take the pictures, clean or not.
I took my car into the Hyundai dealership last week for some stuff, and while I was waiting saw a car carrier drop off 5-6 Hyundais. As soon as they came off the truck, a guy wearing a non-dealership shirt was driving them up the parking lot one by one and taking pictures.

While those cars weren't clean, nothing like taking pictures 5 minutes after they arrive at the dealership!

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I took my car into the Hyundai dealership last week for some stuff, and while I was waiting saw a car carrier drop off 5-6 Hyundais. As soon as they came off the truck, a guy wearing a non-dealership shirt was driving them up the parking lot one by one and taking pictures.

While those cars weren't clean, nothing like taking pictures 5 minutes after they arrive at the dealership!

Maybe taking pics to make sure they aren't damaged.;)

Users who are viewing this thread