5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warranty Service - Mopar Extended Warranty

j2ttu

Reaction score
Recently, my truck's CEL came on and the truck began to shake. I was driving on the road and the truck would shake/sputter when accelerating. Finally, the CEL came on and started blinking.
I used the code reader and it threw a code for Cylinder 6 misfire along with evap sensor failure. I have Mopar extended warranty, so I thought no big deal. Wrong.

It took me almost 3 days to get my truck towed to the dealership, which is about 15 minutes away. The service providers the Mopar wants you to use, at least in my area, are so bad.
Anyways, I never thought it would take this long, but I'm going on a week without my truck, and the dealership doesn't even know if this will be covered yet.
Apparently they are still waiting to hear back from Mopar Warranty to see if this will be covered. Truck has 43k miles.

Has anyone had something similar happen to them? Is there any way I can speed this process up?
Dealership also doesn't have any loaners so I'm kind of stuck at this point.

TL;DR
Truck's CEL came on for Cylinder 6 misfire
RAM Dealership has had my truck for a week with no answers.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Depends what the cause of the misfire is to see who is covering the repair.

j2ttu

Reaction score
Depends what the cause of the misfire is to see who is covering the repair.
I was thinking that since I'm within my powertrain warranty so I shouldn't have a problem with the misfire.

j2ttu

Reaction score
Did they say what was causing the misfire?
here is what I was told:

"This is the information that I have so far. vehicle has 2 reasons cel is on cylinder 3 misfire and evap leak. performed leak test and found esim and purge to be damaged. also found cylinder 3 misfire coil. You have a Max Care warranty I will have to make a claim with them to see if the repairs are covered or not. I will let you know as soon as I have got a response from them."

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
here is what I was told:

"This is the information that I have so far. vehicle has 2 reasons cel is on cylinder 3 misfire and evap leak. performed leak test and found esim and purge to be damaged. also found cylinder 3 misfire coil. You have a Max Care warranty I will have to make a claim with them to see if the repairs are covered or not. I will let you know as soon as I have got a response from them."
Maxcare has a slightly different process for repair authorization vs warranty repairs. Waiting on Maxcare can be a few hours or days, they work at their own pace

j2ttu

Reaction score
Well - it is a covered warranty repair and initially I was supposed to get my truck back today. However, I just received this message from the service advisor:

sorry for the late reply. The tech did a few test dives and check engine light keeps coming back for different cylinder miss fires. Started off with just a cylinder 7 miss fire but now it has had 1 3 5 and 7 all to give a code. He is going to need to pull the head and check for burnt valves or possible head issue. I will update you as soon as I have any new information

---

I'm not even sure how we got to this point.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
He is going to need to pull the head and check for burnt valves or possible head issue.
Inexperienced tech working on your engine, I see this everyday. A compression test, leak down, a picoscope in cylinder pressure test tells an even better story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/