5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warranty Question

Synner

Reaction score
Hey group, I had a question hopefully y’all can direct me to an answer. When I got my 21 ram bighorn about a month ago the finance guy said he would throw in a few extras at the end. I forgot what he called it but he said it covered wear and tear items. Here is what he said “ it covers Brake pads, batteries, alignments, fuses, etc.. at a 0$ deductible. It is tied to your Vin number.” I can’t find any writing on this, online anywhere. Where can I find what this is called and if it was actually given to me? Any help would appreciated. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 21B2EFED-8630-49E5-9797-99C89899C9CE.jpeg
    21B2EFED-8630-49E5-9797-99C89899C9CE.jpeg
    231.5 KB · Views: 22

GregHBNA

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No details in your paperwork you left out of the finance office with?

Finance managers RARELY "throw in extras"..

cdn.tbird

Reaction score
Sorry to say but unless you can find some way to get him to put it in writing, it's just your word against his.

Synner

Reaction score
I have his email saying what I said above. I emailed him a few days after and he replied with what I wrote above and that it was tied to my VIN. He called it something like road hazard but that’s not it either. I was just checking if anyone knew what it was called that covered pads/batteries/fuses/alignment etc. I will look through my paperwork again and if all else fails drive up to the dealer and talk to them face to face.

edit They had a huge deal with my loan and it took a lot longer so at the end of the deal he said it was the end of the month and he had points to make up or something so he was throwing in these extras. I don’t know dealership finance guy lingo so I dunno.
Thanks

Synner

Reaction score
Here is a screenshot of his reply via email. I deleted a few personal info details from email but the main stuff is there.

Attachments

• 7CE42592-91F3-4B01-84B0-E674699C3658.jpeg
    7CE42592-91F3-4B01-84B0-E674699C3658.jpeg
    66.4 KB · Views: 42

Ramjack

Reaction score
Hmmm . . . Did you buy an extended warranty or service plan of some sort? If not, then you have no real risk since you didn't pay for an extra plan, although it certainly would suck if he told you something that isn't true.

Synner

Reaction score
Hmmm . . . Did you buy an extended warranty or service plan of some sort? If not, then you have no real risk since you didn't pay for an extra plan.
No sir I didn’t buy anything , but if it’s true and covers pads and battery etc that would be nice. I will update after I speak to the dealer again and see what they say.

Ramjack

Reaction score
No sir I didn’t buy anything , but if it’s true and covers pads and battery etc that would be nice. I will update after I speak to the dealer again and see what they say.
Whew !! Good for you. Only upside then. Worst case, he lied and you get the same warranty the rest of us did. At least you didn't get ripped off. But in light of the email you shared, I suspect there is at least some truth to it.

Synner

Reaction score
Whew !! Good for you. Only upside then. Worst case, he lied and you get the same warranty the rest of us did. At least you didn't get ripped off. But in light of the email you shared, I suspect there is at least some truth to it.

Yeah I had 2 dealers competing and one dealer gave me a low rate and stupid discount on a bighorn that wasn’t as nicely equipped as my night edition. I spent 6 hours at the dealer when it should have been 2, and it was end of the month. I got my night edition bighorn for 38k sticker was 49.5, they had a TON of incentives and it was truck month. Considering the market right now I feel I got the truck I wanted and for a great price. Came with upgraded gears/mopar rubber heavy duty front and rear floor mats. When I picked it up it still had plastic covering all the door panels inside, every pocket on the seats had manufacturer papers inside them and the floor mats were in original packaging in the back seat. They are moving these so fast they aren’t even prepping them all the way before selling lol.

Ramjack

Reaction score
Similar situation with mine. I committed to buying it over the phone while it was still on the truck. The plastic had just been removed when I picked it up the next day.

Users who are viewing this thread