5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warning to my 5thGen brothers and sisters: Avoid VLAND Headlights

MishMashRAM1500

Reaction score
I brought this up recently, buried within another thread I started about headlight options in general (https://5thgenrams.com/community/th...r-preference-and-would-you-do-it-again.36595/), but due to my ongoing experience, I thought it would be worthy to call this out separately to help others avoid the risk of a headache.

I know some of you on here have the headlights, and for all intents and purposes are very happy with them and have not had any issues (like @JBowman ) . I am happy for you. Truly, and I hope you never have an issue with them...which will be the point of my thread.

I know of at least another on here that has had the same experience I have, and ill leave it to him to post up.
  • My point of this thread will be that you are seriously just taking a chance with your $600 if you choose VLAND.
IF you end up getting a faulty product, which happens...most any company out there attempts to help you, look after you and/or otherwise make you happy.
Not VLAND, and not for me nor others i've found.

The issue: Faulty left headlight turnsignal (which I summise is actually the LED board itself):

You can see from the video without ANY intrusion or interference...it goes from working to not. All connections are secure, and the issue occurs only after it is warm. I have securely checked all connections etc. I know it is installed correctly as I have no issues with the right assembly which was installed the same way.

Here is a link to the exchanges I have had with them, beginning with me first notifying them on January 19th 2022 of an issue with my turnsignal in my headlight, which was within a week or two of installation: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eMLdou2kj08WRSrAwW_XeJr_ozoIcPpM6pfsXDr5pb0/edit
(Make sure to ZOOM to 200% to read it)

Short of reading that, it is now Feb 25th (more than 30+ days) and no closer to any sort of resolution. I have asked now most recently that they just refund me. They will not reply to that. If you look at the exchanges, it looks to be an attempt at this point just to keep delaying me, hoping I will give up. They have blamed me for the issue with the turnsignal, suggesting a bad installation and anything having to do with that end of things. I have complied with every single request...sending videos, pictures and more.

Again, I realize there are folks on here like @JBowman and others that have no issues with their lights. I recognize that and that is not my point. My point is if you roll your dice and buy this headlight......then have an issue...you could be screwed.

I did more research and realized that I was not alone, and not only to RAM.

Spend wisely

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I honestly think it is good that you put this out there. Talking with you briefly and a couple of the others, it is no question that things could be handled in a more timely and efficient manner. People ask for my opinion and I always give them my honest experience. I have not had a single issue with them so far, and I also hope it stays that way. But I also give everyone a heads up that others haven’t been as lucky, and others have been extremely disappointed and left with a sour taste in their mouth. I can tell you that if I had to deal with it personally, I wouldn’t look at it any differently than you guys do. I agree it’s a risk. No doubt about it that these are a budget friendly alternative to the OEMs and even other aftermarket brands for that matter. Every brand will have its issues, but how they handle those issues is what matters, and I can’t say I agree with the warranty or exchange processes I’ve heard from a couple of you in here. It’s very unfortunate because those of us that have had good luck with them seem to be really happy with their purchase. I hate to hear that you’re dealing with the issues that you’re dealing with as I know you’ve said its been an extremely painful process. At the end of all of it, I just hope they make it right for your sake. For those that are on the fence, I’ll say what I’ve told most everyone else. If debating aftermarket over OEM due to a cost savings standpoint, just bite the bullet and go OEM. You’re not going to top OEM quality. If choosing to go aftermarket just have something with a different look, just know that quality is hit or miss with many of the brands out there, it is a gamble, and in the event you do need to deal with customer service, it might not go as smoothly as you’d hope either.

U

User_34235

I am one of them that have had issues. Headlight goes out whenever it wanted so they sent me a new ballast and I replaced them and within a week the same issue. It has been at least 3 weeks since I started the return procedure. One time they offer me 30% refund if I kept the malfunctioning lights then 50% and now finally agreed to a full refund if I mail the lights to them first on my own dime and then I would be refunded. We are still fighting this issue. Its been a total cluster to say the least..

MishMashRAM1500

Reaction score
I honestly think it is good that you put this out there. Talking with you briefly and a couple of the others, it is no question that things could be handled in a more timely and efficient manner. People ask for my opinion and I always give them my honest experience. I have not had a single issue with them so far, and I also hope it stays that way. But I also give everyone a heads up that others haven’t been as lucky, and others have been extremely disappointed and left with a sour taste in their mouth. I can tell you that if I had to deal with it personally, I wouldn’t look at it any differently than you guys do. I agree it’s a risk. No doubt about it that these are a budget friendly alternative to the OEMs and even other aftermarket brands for that matter. Every brand will have its issues, but how they handle those issues is what matters, and I can’t say I agree with the warranty or exchange processes I’ve heard from a couple of you in here. It’s very unfortunate because those of us that have had good luck with them seem to be really happy with their purchase. I hate to hear that you’re dealing with the issues that you’re dealing with as I know you’ve said its been an extremely painful process. At the end of all of it, I just hope they make it right for your sake. For those that are on the fence, I’ll say what I’ve told most everyone else. If debating aftermarket over OEM due to a cost savings standpoint, just bite the bullet and go OEM. You’re not going to top OEM quality. If choosing to go aftermarket just have something with a different look, just know that quality is hit or miss with many of the brands out there, it is a gamble, and in the event you do need to deal with customer service, it might not go as smoothly as you’d hope either.
I have to agree with going OEM.

bite the bullet, save longer and do it. I may have to if they don't resolve it this time but I'm not letting up until they do.

Users who are viewing this thread