5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*WARNING -Tazer Dt Has Completely Crippled My Ram!!!

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Now I’m nervous about ever getting one 😬

jackedin

Reaction score
Now I’m nervous about ever getting one 😬
I got one last month, and so far so good. If you read and follow the directions thoroughly, and I emphasized thoroughly you should be OK. In fact, I recommend reading the install instructions multiple times before using. Secondly, understand which features operated in which mode as it may not be intuitive if you lack the technical experience or/and even if you do. Lastly, apply each feature one at a time and verify that it works before selecting others .

The Tazer has been around for a while with success on other Stellantis platforms. The DT offers a neat set of features for the RAM not readily available elsewhere unless you're an AlphaOBD superstar. Based on my experience, I trust the Tazer's feature adding capability more than my ability to program these feature via AlphaOBD some of which are not available.

My next challenge is the Pin Lock feature( my main reason for purchasing the Tazer), it didn't work for me last time (my fault I think), so I'm going to retry the process in a week or so.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I got one last month, and so far so good. If you read and follow the directions thoroughly, and I emphasized thoroughly you should be OK. In fact, I recommend reading the install instructions multiple times before using. Secondly, understand which features operated in which mode as it may not be intuitive if you lack the technical experience or/and even if you do. Lastly, apply each feature one at a time and verify that it works before selecting others .

The Tazer has been around for a while with success on other Stellantis platforms. The DT offers a neat set of features for the RAM not readily available elsewhere unless you're an AlphaOBD superstar. Based on my experience, I trust the Tazer's feature adding capability more than my ability to program these feature via AlphaOBD.

My next challenge is the Pin Lock feature( my main reason for purchasing the Tazer), it didn't work for me last time (my fault I think), so I'm going to retry the process in a week or so.
I like the TazerDT specifically for the features it gives that alfaObd can't.

Users who are viewing this thread