5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Want to Buy The Laramie But Swap My Stock Black Wheel With Dealer's 22's...

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Sooooo i went looking at this new Laramie local dealer just got in even tho i JUST got my truck a few months ago. I love my 2019 Lone Star truck sooooo much, but it has bothered me from day one NOT to have a proximity key, NAV & LED's... Thought i wouldn't miss them, but i sooooo do....So i went to look at this one, and loved EVERYTHING (its got the blackout pkge- of course : ) except the wheels. Can i get y'all's opinion on the look if i were to let him keep his 22's...

Also the ride didn't feel as good as mine, BOTH 4x2's and BOTH 3.92 gears, but his felt a lot heavier and didn't "zip" like mine does.... i attributed it to the wheels & tires, but even if not for the less "peppy" takeoff, i just never liked the look of them. Can anyone weigh in on my photoshop of "His Laramie, MY wheels"? Thanks!

Last edited:

Lonestar21

Reaction score
Honestly it looks better with the 22’s If you don’t like them you can sell those for good money and just go with a nice set of aftermarket wheels instead of the stock black big horn wheels. It literally looks like a big horn but with the sport hood and flares

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
thanks for the reply. You are totally right, but if someone NOT knowing the packages so well, THEN how does it look?!

In other words, i personally am not after the "Laramie Look" just wanting the upgraded features but with my all black wheels (my fav Black wheel even when looking at aftermarkets : ) and COMPLETELY blacked out truck so i quess the way i'd like to have it look might be hard on the eyes of a "True Laramie "fan", but any Big Horn/Lone Star ppl out there to weigh in? Maybe its more easy if i ONLY put up the photoshop one : )

Lonestar21

Reaction score
I get your point, if it has what you want and you like it I would do it.
But yea now that you don’t have all the pictures it doesn’t look bad

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
I get your point, if it has what you want and you like it I would do it.
But yea now that you don’t have all the pictures it doesn’t look bad

glad the pic all by itself helped ya to see my vision...lol at first i wasn't sure but the more i look at it, the more i like it : ) also, i'm hoping once they are swapped out that the ride won't be so stiff & lethargic, that will be the "true test" if i do the deal : ) thanks!

Lonestar21

Reaction score
glad the pic all by itself helped ya to see my vision...lol at first i wasn't sure but the more i look at it, the more i like it : ) also, i'm hoping once they are swapped out that the ride won't be so stiff & lethargic, that will be the "true test" if i do the deal : ) thanks!

I wonder how the ride is affected too.
I had the original 20’s on mine I sold those and purchased both the sport 22’s and the Rebel 18”. I have the 22’s on right now and they are smooth to me. I wonder how it’ll be going to 18’s lol

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sooooo i went looking at this new Laramie local dealer just got in even tho i JUST got my truck a few months ago. I love my 2019 Lone Star truck sooooo much, but it has bothered me from day one NOT to have a proximity key, NAV & LED's... Thought i wouldn't miss them, but i sooooo do....So i went to look at this one, and loved EVERYTHING (its got the blackout pkge- of course : ) except the wheels. Can i get y'all's opinion on the look if i were to let him keep his 22's...

Also the ride didn't feel as good as mine, BOTH 4x2's and BOTH 3.92 gears, but his felt a lot heavier and didn't "zip" like mine does.... i attributed it to the wheels & tires, but even if not for the less "peppy" takeoff, i just never liked the look of them. Can anyone weigh in on my photoshop of "His Laramie, MY wheels"? Thanks!

View attachment 19216

I, personally, wouldn’t do it! I would keep the one you got.. you’re gonna pay through the nose! But, hey, whatever makes you happy! if you ultimately decide to go for it, and you prefer your wheels, then swap them. Who cares what we think! Good luck!

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
I wonder how the ride is affected too.
I had the original 20’s on mine I sold those and purchased both the sport 22’s and the Rebel 18”. I have the 22’s on right now and they are smooth to me. I wonder how it’ll be going to 18’s lol

my black wheels are 20's, and honestly, the "hit" isn't as huge as u might think. i'm a payment buyer, and with the huge discount on the Laramie i'm looking at (almost 11,000 off MSRP AND the fact the Laramie i'm looking at is only Level 1 Group, and not loaded out with a bunch of options i don't want/need (less to go wrong : ) . So if i were to switch to the Laramie from my loaded Big Horn, my payment actually goes down 20 bucks (but the loan itself extends out by 9 months.)

The only thing truly stopping me (and i know MOST ppl wouldn't even notice) is that evreything in AND out is black/black/black and then FCA in their infinite wisdom made the material surrounding the console and all around the radio a sort of "maize gold" color. Eeeeesh! It might drive me nutz, not sure....lol

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
I, personally, wouldn’t do it! I would keep the one you got.. you’re gonna pay through the nose! But, hey, whatever makes you happy! if you ultimately decide to go for it, and you prefer your wheels, then swap them. Who cares what we think! Good luck!

Hi Moosem, its not that i care that much what ppl think, (most of the time : ) i'm just trying to get the features of the Laramie with the look of my Blacked Out Big Horn, but i was just wanting to make sure i wasn't "screwing up the design to the average person's observation"... For me personally, i love it, just wanted a few opinions becuz sometimes you think something looks soooo good, get enuf "negative feedback" and your like, "yeah i now see what they mean, i hadn't thought of THAT point, now i'm not so sure"...lol

Plus, i've been chasing the Laramie/stock black wheels since EVEN before i purchased my Big Horn, but at the time when the 2019s first came out, my husband talked me out ditching the 22's for the stock black, he was like, "this wheel is niceeeee, plus, where u gonna get stock 5th Gen black, these just came out" so he talked me out of it...lol

Also might add its these particular 5th Gen black wheels i love- the 4th gen black wheels looked like "flower petals" to me, THESE are chiseled and the design is much more aggressive than any aftermarket black wheel i've seen : )

Last edited:

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Outside of the “ wheel “ situation, will you also be keeping this one stock ?

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Outside of the “ wheel “ situation, will you also be keeping this one stock ?

oh goodness YES! i have had AT LEAST 6 lifted 4x4 rams in the past 10 years, some with every possible mod i could think of, but the ride & handling i get on a stock 4x2 with 3.92 gears is unmatched of any vehicle i've ever driven... My Blacked Out Big Horn is my MOST favoritest Ram YET : ) Its got the look of a truck, the handling of a car, the ride of a mustang all rolled up into one giant prize "2019 RAM- The BEST vehicle i've ever owned/seen/driven" : )

(Can ya tell i'm a fan? lol)

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only thing truly stopping me (and i know MOST ppl wouldn't even notice) is that evreything in AND out is black/black/black and then FCA in their infinite wisdom made the material surrounding the console and all around the radio a sort of "maize gold" color. Eeeeesh! It might drive me nutz, not sure....lol
[/QUOTE] Just swap it out again in six months if you don’t like it!!! Lol.

PorBoy

Reaction score
I’m feeling you’ll be ok with the dash trim and if not seeing where you are I’m sure there is at least one shop capable of making that disappear lol.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Also will you be leaving the rwl out or to complete the black look will you have them turn the tires around ?

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
oh i LOVE the white letters, actually the FIRST white letter tires i DIDN'T turn oin the second i got the vehicle, another FIRST for me! NO level, found myself loving the rake, can't even believe i could say THAT, and the white letters with the rake seems to break up ALL the black with just the right amount of a statement that says, "wanna race me"? lol its that dang "proximity key", i absolutely HATE fiddling with a fob.. if not for that, wouldn't change a thing, couldn't really give a hoot about the flares, 12 inch Uconnect or performance hood, but that dang proximity fob won't stop calling me... $6,000 proximity key...lol

MY TRUCK:, rake, OWL & all : )

PorBoy

Reaction score
Oh no I definitely was not knocking the lettering, just was not sure if you were going to try and do all black. So the new Laramie will come with the 12” screen also ?

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Oh no I definitely was not knocking the lettering, just was not sure if you were going to try and do all black. So the new Laramie will come with the 12” screen also ?

oh i didn't think u were knocking them, i just know most ppl (myself included till THIS truck : ) feel OWL's are soooo 1995...lol

Yeah it does have the 12inch, and in my honest opinion, i really found it made the dash wayyyy too busy, and then add that "maize gold" i was like, "hmmmmmm"....lol But just aren't finding any Laramies with a 8.4 w/ NAV WITH "blackout pkg, seems when the dealers ordering add that, their adding the 12 inch screen even tho on the Build site u can add 8.4NAV w/ blackout pkg but no 12 inch....

oh yeah, and that's the 2nd reason, i was one of those who DID do their homework and YET still got caught unaware that without NAV, no phone/remote possibilities, and that just bugs me... I still miss those 2 features BIG TIME from my 2018 Sport....

Users who are viewing this thread