5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Want to Buy The Laramie But Swap My Stock Black Wheel With Dealer's 22's...

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
I’m feeling you’ll be ok with the dash trim and if not seeing where you are I’m sure there is at least one shop capable of making that disappear lol.

And as for making that "maize color" disappear, well lets just say if i did that guess who else my husband would make "disappear"?! As it is, as hard as he tries he sometimes can't for the life of him "get my vision for a truck i'll want to mod (and he has TWO of his own RAMS all modded...lol) I could just see the conversation now...

ME: "Honey, i'm going to the fab shop, this guy is going to change the trim around my console and Uconnect screen from beige to black on my 2nd 2019 Brand New truck in 3 months" ...

911 OPERATOR: This is 911.... What is your emergency?!

HIM: Yes, i've just shot my wife.....

Last edited:

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Hey Lil MAW (Miss Always Wrong),

I just read through your thread here and ....Lmao!!! I truly feel your pains!!!

I like the look of the truck in first thread. We discussed in another thread the rake etc...so I definitely understand ya on that. YOU LIKE THE LOOK and are getting what you want in the newer truck. Especially the Laramie stock black wheels that YOU LIKE THE LOOK of.

"$6,000 proximity key" I thought there was a tuner out there (cheaper than $6K) that upgraded the proximity??? I may be wrong but will go back and find the thread??? (***EDIT--can't find tuner with it---I was wrong) I feel your pain on the fumbling around for fob. I actually have created a habit to address this/whenever I am locking up front door of house with key, I immediately click unlock so I can just walk up to truck and get inside to stop the fumbling enroute to truck. When out at store etc...when I come out of building I do it so I can walk up get in and this also allows me to "Scan my lanes" all around me for anything out of place or potential threats without fumbling for keys at the door--eliminates/reduces one less chance of guard down looking towards ground selecting button.

I gave myself 1 year to find out if this would be "the one" that I would "keep-her" or go for a 2020 RAM 1500. This would give me time to decide on my purchase and the acceptable loss of the one year $$$'s was what I came to terms with from a money aspect. With my Bighorn it was the level 2 I had to have/heated seats and upgrades that came with it. The LED's are so far the only thing I am really wanting in my Bighorn(upgraded hood slipping in there too).

It seems your trend based on amount of vehicles you have had is that you may opt to a newer vehicle in a few years, probably a new RAM with of course...better upgrades. Like my older brother who keeps a vehicle a year or little more and trades it in for a new one. He came to terms with himself that this was his toy also and his acceptable loss on wanting what he wanted. Heck he change 3 times one year alone!!!!

I say this to compare/validate the $6,000 of happiness. Bottom line its what makes you happy and the end of the day and hubby well...his 2 to your 1 trucks.... should get you what you want. I personally go the other way with that and try to always let the WWW (Woman-Wifey-Warden) have the higher ratio (more than me) for overall happiness sake and peace in the house!!!!! lmao!!!!!!

Oddly the 2 areas from reading your thoughts that make me decide negatively on YOUR decision are the trim and the ride not feeling as good/punch off line. Both of these you have to deal with more often than than your 3 items of LEDs, KEY prox, NAV. You have to look at that all the time just from natural glances of driving---constant reminder. You have to feel that ride or punch off the line all the time. Those are my major 2 concerns from your thoughts. The trim yes, you can get changed (custom, plasti-dip--something). The Ride and PUNCH....game changers. If it is the wheel/tires...you can change that. I want to say consider the weight of vehicle for the Laramie vs Bighorn to see if that is a factor in the PUNH off line too.

Make yourself happy!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

Last edited:

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Hey Lil MAW (Miss Always Wrong),

I just read through your thread here and ....Lmao!!! I truly feel your pains!!!

I like the look of the truck in first thread. We discussed in another thread the rake etc...so I definitely understand ya on that. YOU LIKE THE LOOK and are getting what you want in the newer truck. Especially the Laramie stock black wheels that YOU LIKE THE LOOK of.

"$6,000 proximity key" I thought there was a tuner out there (cheaper than $6K) that upgraded the proximity??? I may be wrong but will go back and find the thread??? (***EDIT--can't find tuner with it---I was wrong) I feel your pain on the fumbling around for fob. I actually have created a habit to address this/whenever I am locking up front door of house with key, I immediately click unlock so I can just walk up to truck and get inside to stop the fumbling enroute to truck. When out at store etc...when I come out of building I do it so I can walk up get in and this also allows me to "Scan my lanes" all around me for anything out of place or potential threats without fumbling for keys at the door--eliminates/reduces one less chance of guard down looking towards ground selecting button.

I gave myself 1 year to find out if this would be "the one" that I would "keep-her" or go for a 2020 RAM 1500. This would give me time to decide on my purchase and the acceptable loss of the one year $$$'s was what I came to terms with from a money aspect. With my Bighorn it was the level 2 I had to have/heated seats and upgrades that came with it. The LED's are so far the only thing I am really wanting in my Bighorn(upgraded hood slipping in there too).

It seems your trend based on amount of vehicles you have had is that you may opt to a newer vehicle in a few years, probably a new RAM with of course...better upgrades. Like my older brother who keeps a vehicle a year or little more and trades it in for a new one. He came to terms with himself that this was his toy also and his acceptable loss on wanting what he wanted. Heck he change 3 times one year alone!!!!

I say this to compare/validate the $6,000 of happiness. Bottom line its what makes you happy and the end of the day and hubby well...his 2 to your 1 trucks.... should get you what you want. I personally go the other way with that and try to always let the WWW (Woman-Wifey-Warden) have the higher ratio (more than me) for overall happiness sake and peace in the house!!!!! lmao!!!!!!

Oddly the 2 areas from reading your thoughts that make me decide negatively on YOUR decision are the trim and the ride not feeling as good/punch off line. Both of these you have to deal with more often than than your 3 items of LEDs, KEY prox, NAV. You have to look at that all the time just from natural glances of driving---constant reminder. You have to feel that ride or punch off the line all the time. Those are my major 2 concerns from your thoughts. The trim yes, you can get changed (custom, plasti-dip--something). The Ride and PUNCH....game changers. If it is the wheel/tires...you can change that. I want to say consider the weight of vehicle for the Laramie vs Bighorn to see if that is a factor in the PUNH off line too.

Make yourself happy!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

Hi L2D : ) Your thoughts were so appreciated (and very funny : ) and that last point you made may have been the "input i was looking for" because i think it a large part of it REALLY is the additional weight, also i would NEVER alter the stock console (especially with plastic dip- ugh!) and you are soooo right, i just don't think i would ever just "get used to it"... If you haven't seen a "LARAMIE BLACK CREW CAB" and i'm not talking about a Laramie in Black Color, it is a SPECIFIC Model called LARAMIE BLACK CREW CAB (i'll include the window sticker : ) you would see what i'm saying what a poor color choice for that trim it is...it comes out of b*m*fck NOWHERE with ALL the blacks in that cabin, and ESPECIALLY an eyesore next to the "gloss black bezel of the radio. Can't include an actual pic cuz none of the interior photos capture it....DECISION made... Stick with what works & wait for the 2020's : ) thanks again!

And we are in your brothers camp, vehicles are our toy/hobby, hubby doesn't fish, hunt, kids grown, and we don't like vacations so we blow a lot on our trucks, but we never regret it, we love 'em, then leave 'em...lol

Saints

Reaction score
And as for making that "maize color" disappear, well lets just say if i did that guess who else my husband would make "disappear"?! As it is, as hard as he tries he sometimes can't for the life of him "get my vision for a truck i'll want to mod (and he has TWO of his own RAMS all modded...lol) I could just see the conversation now...

ME: "Honey, i'm going to the fab shop, this guy is going to change the trim around my console and Uconnect screen from beige to black on my 2nd 2019 Brand New truck in 3 months" ...

911 OPERATOR: This is 911.... What is your emergency?!

HIM: Yes, i've just shot my wife.....
On another forum I saw a guy that vinyl wrapped the console and dash pieces in a 3m matrix wrap that is textured and looked really good. They have pretty much any color you could want and gloss black would also look good. You could watch some videos of how to do it and try it yourself or any tint shop that provides PPF would be able to do and I wouldn’t guess it would be all that expensive. If you wanted to try it yourself I would suggest a product called 3m knifeless which cuts the vinyl so you don’t have to worry about scratching your trim.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Is this the pic:
View attachment 19328

Glad I could help Lil MAW. I know I am longwinded but do try to put substance in there!!!!

i am EXACT same! i try to highlight or bold "my substance" to spare readers but truthfully, every word i write i like to think is "substantive"...lol

and YES that is it! But in the pic, the glove box and surrounding areas look kinda greyish so what you're seeing in the pic doesn't really show how stark a contrast it actually is...., but when u get in the truck, those areas are "soot black" and so it is immediately noticeable, almost looks like a rose goldish cream or something! Eeeesh!

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
On another forum I saw a guy that vinyl wrapped the console and dash pieces in a 3m matrix wrap that is textured and looked really good. They have pretty much any color you could want and gloss black would also look good. You could watch some videos of how to do it and try it yourself or any tint shop that provides PPF would be able to do and I wouldn’t guess it would be all that expensive. If you wanted to try it yourself I would suggest a product called 3m knifeless which cuts the vinyl so you don’t have to worry about scratching your trim.

Hey Saints! yeah i did immediately look at its contours to see if i could "3M" it, not sure, but then again, "changing a hair on its head" (except swapping the wheels, he gets THAT : ) would really make hubby so exasperated, he'd be like, "awwww come on, you're changing chit AGAIN?!" so i wouldn't want to go thru all the trouble of trading UP to something that "right out of the box" has to GO!

In fact, the only reason he's even agreeable to this if i were to do it is because 3 months of ownership on my Big Horn and i have not wanted one thing changed, i haven't asked about a level, a tire, a wheel, a nut or a bolt. He can't believe it... He's like, "wow, you FINALLY are happy completely with your RAM..." Well, yes, i am, 1000%....('cept of course for that freakin' key"....) lol

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lol, I’m sure that he will shoot you with LOVE as opposed to bullets. My poor wife just walks out of the room when she sees my credit card in my hand. But I do tit for tat so if I buy for the vehicles, I also buy for her and our two teen daughters asap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/