5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Want black badges? No problem!

lawlavigne

Reaction score
No worries with longevity doing a grill, I did my V Coupe and it held up fine for 3 years and still looked great up until I foolishly sold it. You’ll either have to remove it to do it or block off the backside to prevent overspray from getting into the engine.
View attachment 50425
That's very reassuring. I'd like to take the grill off even though I've heard it's a pain in the *** to do. But it would probably look much better and have minimal cleanup.

MadMos

Reaction score
I tried this today, and only half the badges came out well. I need to redo em.

Wouldn't spray painting your badge me even better? At least that way, the paint will stay on.

lawlavigne

Reaction score
I tried this today, and only half the badges came out well. I need to redo em.

Wouldn't spray painting your badge me even better? At least that way, the paint will stay on.
You have to do very light coats. And about 10 total coats with proper time in-between coats. And also making sure the chrome is very clean before hand

Stony0604

Reaction score
Thanks for the information and suggestions! Here's a before and after

Attachments

• 20200329_173031.jpg
    20200329_173031.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 20200329_192927.jpg
    20200329_192927.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 61

Stony0604

Reaction score
Nice! Looks good! I must say the black emblems with the silver paint looks nice and stealth-ish lol
Thanks. I decided to take the "Bighorn" and "4x4" off though. Want to make it a little more simple back there. I did the door "RAM" emblems today.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks. I decided to take the "Bighorn" and "4x4" off though. Want to make it a little more simple back there. I did the door "RAM" emblems today.
Are you doing the tailgate handle? It would look better if you also dipped it as well.

Stony0604

Reaction score
Are you doing the tailgate handle? It would look better if you also dipped it as well.
Yeah, that's next. If I end up not liking it, i'll just take it off. I'm debating doing the thing above the grill black too. Not sure what it's called.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, that's next. If I end up not liking it, i'll just take it off. I'm debating doing the thing above the grill black too. Not sure what it's called.
I’m also planning on doing that chrome piece on the hood and the chrome window trim, I have a few cans of dip on the way. Also ordered lamin-x to do the headlights and tail lights.

Stony0604

Reaction score
I’m also planning on doing that chrome piece on the hood and the chrome window trim, I have a few cans of dip on the way. Also ordered lamin-x to do the headlights and tail lights.
Nice, i'm definitely doing the taillights, just not sure if i want to try that myself or not

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online