5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Want backup camera on full time when i have stuff in the bed

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2019-2023 HD are 4.5 Gen trucks. Head on over to hdrams.com forums.

4th gen cab, pretty much everything else is new. New frame, new axles, new sheet metal, etc., and for the Cummins, a new engine (CGI). Solid source rumor is new powertrains (transmission) in 2024, 5th gen cab in 2025.

AlfaOBD cannot program a FOB in any 2019+ truck.

CHMSL with cargo cam is exactly that - a cargo camera. Center High Mount Stop Light. There are two versions for 2019-2020, one with an analog cam, one with a digital (surround trucks). 2021 added the DRVM.

No you can't
OP has UC4, a Tazer DT should allow him to keep that camera on in motion. Us folks whit 2022s\UC5 TazerDT doesn't work for most live functions including that.

CHSL is a camera mounted in the cyclops light in back. It looks out back, not at the cargo. It converts your rear view mirror, to a camera screen.

TazerRam for HD's 2013-2021 (not DT that's for DT trucks) or a NAViKS can do video in motion, nav in motion and side cameras (if equipped) on turn signal activation (guessing on the Tazer on that one).

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure if this got answered - I don't recall the parameter, however in the manual I believe it's a default that is persistent even when the Tazer is removed.

Double tap the Mute button and the Tailgate camera will turn on and stay on. That'll solve your question

However, I'd say since the dash is used for so many other functions and esp if you use carplay/android auto, I'd recommend getting a standalone wireless rear camera.

Some benefits:
* DVR
* Multi Cam Option
* Front Camera option etc

I bought a 4 Camera setup for our Travel Trailer and intend to make one camera a 'roving' cam with a battery, setup magnetic and I can use it to look anywhere I want
That is what i am looking for.
O have seen two tools so fat Taxer and Ofm odc (can never remember the name)
Does anyone know the parameter i should use?

ram813ltd

Reaction score
late to the party but ram makes trailer 2 cameras add-on that integrate with the camera system. put them where you want.
or maybe a dash cam those mount anywhere and video screen can stay on all the time in most. there's a hundred models of those available

Users who are viewing this thread