5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Volume knob on 8.4 no NAV not working

primetime007

Reaction score
Hey guys finally got my truck after purchasing last month and took a trip to my doctor's appt and now the twisting volume knob doesn't change the volume. Using volume controls on steering wheel still work, twisting tuner knob still works, and pressing button to turn off radio on volume knob works. Going to dealership when I make it back to hometown, but didn't know if any of y'all had run into this or knew a way to fix it. Thanks in advance!

gotmeahemi

Reaction score
Mine did that sometimes depending on at what point I plug my iPhone into it while the system was loading. Now I wait until it’s all on and I haven’t had that problem since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

primetime007

Reaction score
Mine did that sometimes depending on at what point I plug my iPhone into it while the system was loading. Now I wait until it’s all on and I haven’t had that problem since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It did it before my mom plugged her iPhone in. We were just listening to the radio when I noticed it.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey guys finally got my truck after purchasing last month and took a trip to my doctor's appt and now the twisting volume knob doesn't change the volume. Using volume controls on steering wheel still work, twisting tuner knob still works, and pressing button to turn off radio on volume knob works. Going to dealership when I make it back to hometown, but didn't know if any of y'all had run into this or knew a way to fix it. Thanks in advance!
We understand why this may be concerning. We suggest having your dealer inspect this concern if you have not done so already. We are also available via private message if you would like any additional assistance during that process.

Alison
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread