5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Visor Teardown

stronbl

Reaction score
It appears this is becoming more common than just mine. Although under warranty, it's still a PITA to carve out the time needed to take to the dealer. Mine broke in a different place too.
FYI - My passenger side visor just broke exactly like yours. I took it in, and still under warranty, but the visor is on National Backorder (whatever that really means). The service advisor thought maybe a couple weeks, but we'll see. Definitely a lot less complex than the driver side visor. Oh yeah, it's a 2020 Ram Limited with delivery taken in May 2020 right after the covid shutdown and restart. It's been a very good and reliable truck (I was a little concerned given the timing of production restart) but I guess the weak plastic links will break covid or no covid.

Jeffram7812

Reaction score
I contacted Ram about the sun visor issue and this was there response.
Hello Jeff;

Thank you for contacting Ram Customer Care;

Stellantis is dedicated to producing a quality product.

We really want to thank you for bringing your Ram 1500 Sun Visor Issues to our attention. Your request for assistance is my top priority. I will do my absolute best to make sure your issue is documented and heard.

Your case has been reviewed and this is what was found.

Your warranty for the Sun Visor was for Time or Mileage, whichever occurs first.

This has expired by Time on 03/26/22

Also, there doesn’t seem to be any warranties that were purchased with the Ram 1500through Ram. There also weren’t any recalls, or warranty extensions that pertain to the Sun Visor. Due to this, Ram is unable to help at this time.

If you did purchase an extended warranty through another company or dealer, please reach out to them. We would not have that information on file here. That particular company would have to help you with this.

I do empathize with your situation, as this was not a planned expense.

Fortunately, when our certified dealer gets the chance to complete the job, you will then be given a warranty on the new parts and labor to provide you with some comfort and peace of mind.

I want to thank you once more for emailing us with your issues.

Although, we are unable to provide a more favorable response, we really do want to thank you.

Please be reassured that I have documented your concerns.

We do value you as a customer, and appreciate that you chose Ram. Please give us a call at any time to review your case.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please let me know, I would be happy to help!

Thank you again for your email Jeff. Have a great day!

Best wishes,
Angie
Ram Customer Care

FYRSTIX

Reaction score
I took my 2020 in to get fixed for this in April, so 2 years old and a mere 14k miles at the time, though it had been broken for a few months I'm sure. Walked in on a Friday about 4:00, no appointment, not the dealer where I bought it. Was done and on my way in an hour. Way to go RAM.

That said, they have a problem here. I barely used my visor out of its normal position and it should have never broken so soon (or ever). Fortunately it failed well within warranty, but I'd be pretty fried if this happened outside of it.

RAM Cares needs to take care of you. Way to fail RAM.

Splat10

Reaction score
My passenger broke the same way. Junk. I think I'm going to CA glue it in place and just have it used as a front visor. Don't feel like spending $150 on being able to go to the side, just have to tell the kid to leave it alone.

Attachments

• PXL_20221208_192918959.jpg
    PXL_20221208_192918959.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 35

Users who are viewing this thread