5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Visor stickers.

eithkrp1

Reaction score
Has anyone attempted to remove these annoying visor stickers?

fb93628fb5e41a17585ab43966ddf6d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AJB1228

Reaction score
Wondering the same. Maybe a steamer or hairdryer?? Don’t want to leave glue residue on the black cloth.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I remember a very old thread on this...you'll want to search for it, as I think a member was successful in doing so.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score

TheMopars

Reaction score
I removed mine last week, very easy with a blow dryer. I removed the visors but didn't really need to, would have been
almost as easy leaving them in place. There is still a little glue residue ( bothers me less than the sticker ) that I'll be going
back to see if I can get rid of it. Depending on the angle the visor it sometimes isn't visible. I'll go back with a little rubbing
alcohol, soft brush and a rag to see if I can get the rest of the glue residue off.

Used this video as a guide.

sailouterbanks

Reaction score

I didn't want to risk messing it up by peeling it off. I made a carbon fiber sticker to just cover them up.

I didn't want to risk messing it up by peeling it off. I made a carbon fiber sticker to just cover it up. visor.jpg

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I removed mine last week, very easy with a blow dryer. I removed the visors but didn't really need to, would have been
almost as easy leaving them in place. There is still a little glue residue ( bothers me less than the sticker ) that I'll be going
back to see if I can get rid of it. Depending on the angle the visor it sometimes isn't visible. I'll go back with a little rubbing
alcohol, soft brush and a rag to see if I can get the rest of the glue residue off.

Used this video as a guide.

Sorry, but this dude is a MORON for attempting to use alcohol or GooGone in the first place on a cloth visor. Most "intelligent" people know that, to remove any sticker, you should always try heat first. I don't think I'll subscribe to his channel :ROFLMAO:

TheMopars

Reaction score
I didn't want to risk messing it up by peeling it off. I made a carbon fiber sticker to just cover it up. View attachment 79030

Looks good, that's what I was originally trying to find. There was a company that made custom overlays a while back when I had my Charger and Challenger. So I used the blow dryer method instead and they came right off.

Users who are viewing this thread