5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vibration when Idle

Aristizabalj

Reaction score
My truck has been having this problem of shaking or vibrating when idle in a traffic light or when in parking for months now in addition with lots of water under the passenger mat, sometimes I feel this vibration several times a day, I always have the Auto shut off deactivated so when stop in red lights I can feel it, once in a while it shakes like an old car and I think is gonna shut off by itself, I took it to the dealer and after four days they said they updated the software and what a frustration that even the same day and far from the dealer the truck was doing exactly the same and also told me that they couldn’t find any leak or water problem, I had to wait for my truck four days and I received it with the same two problems and with half of the gas tank less, I guess they had it running for hours without supervision. When I took it back they told me that, as they can’t see any problem with the OBD I had to sign a paper where I have to pay 300 something if they can’t find the problem and regarding the leak they said that if something is clogged I will have to pay, I’ve had this truck for less than a year, so I prefered not to leave it because for sure they were gonna say I’m crazy making this up, I’m glad I’m not the only one, I know something is wrong or out of balance. Any advice? Is frustrating buying a new vehicle and find problems like this. Thanks in advance.

Dgulia

Reaction score
Does your truck have a sunroof?
Water maybe coming from sunroof or evaporator.

Aristizabalj

Reaction score
Does your truck have a sunroof?
Water maybe coming from sunroof or evaporator.
No it doesn’t, I guess is the evaporator because that’s what I have read in the forums and I see that is common but when I told that in the dealer they said they never heard about it and that’s when they said that if the drain hose is clogged is my responsibility and I found about that problem one day in summer cleaning the truck like 3 or 4 months after purchase in summer. I appreciate your reply.

Users who are viewing this thread