5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vibration at 1500-2000 RPM

Regilliwret

Reaction score
I’ve noticed the vibration isn’t too bad when you first start driving, but after about 10min when things have warmed up, the annoying vibration returns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere there was a TSB regarding re-flashing the vibration dampening system or ANC. Then again, I could just be needing some more coffee....

liq001

Reaction score
I’ve noticed the vibration isn’t too bad when you first start driving, but after about 10min when things have warmed up, the annoying vibration returns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly, when the truck warm up well, it becomes so annoying.

liq001

Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere there was a TSB regarding re-flashing the vibration dampening system or ANC. Then again, I could just be needing some more coffee....
Could you please let me know what is the TSB? Maybe I can talk to my dealer.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Could you please let me know what is the TSB? Maybe I can talk to my dealer.
Not sure which one. Someone else who has had it done may chime in, or you can search the TSB thread on this forum

CameronC3532

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed it is not as bad it there is no wind? I’m going to call the dealer about my 2022 as there is a TSB for 2021 for the same thing. I guess the change the rear axel lube.

liq001

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed it is not as bad it there is no wind? I’m going to call the dealer about my 2022 as there is a TSB for 2021 for the same thing. I guess the change the rear axel lube.
I noticed if the outside temperature is low enough, the vibration becomes a lot more noticable. Please let me know the TSB, and what is your dealer say about it. Hoping we can fix it. Thanks a lot.

CameronC3532

Reaction score
The dealer was as useful as a wet fart. Said they have not heard of the issue and it’s $169 to have it looked at. Also said TSB are not normally covered. What a joke Ram service. Is there a Ram service member on here like other forums?

liq001

Reaction score
The dealer was as useful as a wet fart. Said they have not heard of the issue and it’s $169 to have it looked at. Also said TSB are not normally covered. What a joke Ram service. Is there a Ram service member on here like other forums?
There is Ram care here, but not sure if they are still active

dxdx

Reaction score
Brand new 2022 Ram 1500 Limited 5.7 HEMI eTorque + 3.92 rear
Only have 200 miles on it, I feel exactly the same since day 1.

Vibration is most pronounced when RPM is 1800-2200 range and when it's loaded (foot on pedal)
It can be felt on steering wheel and gas pedal - if you put the other foot on the driver side floor you some times can feel it too.

The vibration disappears below 1500pm or above 2500rpm for sure

liq001

Reaction score

Vibration is most pronounced when RPM is 1800-2200 range and when it's loaded (foot on pedal)
It can be felt on steering wheel and gas pedal - if you put the other foot on the driver side floor you some times can feel it too.

Here it is. We should let FCA know it and fix it. It’s so annoying.

liq001

Reaction score

I have a conversation with Ramcare, but no response yet. If possible please also contact them, letting them know a lot of here have this annoying issue of their 2022 truck. Need to be fixed. Thanks

dxdx

Reaction score
I just did some more tests - the feel from the pedal and steering wheel is more like something is rubbing against a coarse surface - less like a vibration.

On my truck it also happens at different speeds - at low speeds like 20-30mph and at 65mph as well - the common thing is it happens when the engine load is light - when gear is in neutral I never felt it no matter what speed it was at

liq001

Reaction score
I just did some more tests - the feel from the pedal and steering wheel is more like something is rubbing against a coarse surface - less like a vibration.

On my truck it also happens at different speeds - at low speeds like 20-30mph and at 65mph as well - the common thing is it happens when the engine load is light - when gear is in neutral I never felt it no matter what speed it was at
Not sure if it is the exhaust related.

Scram1500

Reaction score
did you have the old tires balanced before you bought new ones? curious
Yes, went to two different places. 2nd place was an independent shop that quickly identified two tires which were out of round

U

User_3336

you're gonna drive your self nuts chasing vibration issues! My truck vibrates time to time, varies, depending on its mood! LOL Mine appears to go away after its warmed up and tires are warmed up. the road you drive on can have a great effect on vibrations as well.

Users who are viewing this thread