5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vibration at 1500-2000 RPM

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup. Just want to see if any other people have the same issue and get it solve already. Try to get some ideas to pinpoint the issue, and talk to the dealer. I believe they will say it’s normal, but definitely it’s not.
you will have to take it to the dealer for them to drive it to figure out if its a normal issue or not. If they say it is normal then have them take you out in another 2022 with the same setup to prove it is normal. You aren't going to get your issue fixed by just asking if others have the issue. A tech needs to drive the car first to determine if you have an issue and if so, what is causing it.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
What octane are you running? Just thinking maybe the timing causing vibration with lower octane? Mine runs great on 87, but others don’t. Just a thought

liq001

Reaction score
Lee, i had a ford expedition that did this. It took a long time to figure it out but the drive shaft was not balanced properly at the factory. New drive shaft under warranty solved the problem.
Thanks for pointing out this. This is what I was thinking about the issue on my RAM. May I ask do you have any diagnostic paper from your dealer. I can definitely show to the technician on my next vist. They said it normal on my last visit. I do not believe them at all.

liq001

Reaction score
What octane are you running? Just thinking maybe the timing causing vibration with lower octane? Mine runs great on 87, but others don’t. Just a thought
I am running on 89, I believe this is factory recommended fuel for our hemi. Maybe I can try 91 or 93.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I am running on 89, I believe this is factory recommended fuel for our hemi. Maybe I can try 91 or 93.
The manual says 87 is acceptable, and 89 is best for too performace. Most agree that anything higher than 89 doesn’t add any value, but you never know. Just a thought

seadragon

Reaction score
What about exhaust drone? That can cause high frequency vibration in the floor and steering etc. and get worse in cold and under acceleration at certain RPMs. My 2019 Classic has it a bit.

liq001

Reaction score
What about exhaust drone? That can cause high frequency vibration in the floor and steering etc. and get worse in cold and under acceleration at certain RPMs. My 2019 Classic has it a bit.
I definitely will let the dealer check it. Did Ilyiu get the issue fixed somehow by digging into the exhaust?

seadragon

Reaction score
I definitely will let the dealer check it. Did Ilyiu get the issue fixed somehow by digging into the exhaust?
I had the dealer check the exhaust but it all looked good. It doesn’t bother me anymore or I’ve just gotten used to it. But mine is definitely exhaust related and the feeling is like holding an electric shaver. Most pronounced at 2K rpm and under slight acceleration.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you asked the dealer to go on a test drive with you with a like vehicle to prove that the noise is normal? Have you got the shop foreman/service manager involved with the situation?

liq001

Reaction score
I had the dealer check the exhaust but it all looked good. It doesn’t bother me anymore or I’ve just gotten used to it. But mine is definitely exhaust related and the feeling is like holding an electric shaver. Most pronounced at 2K rpm and under slight acceleration.
That’s exactly what I noticed on my truck. 4WD becomes even worse.

liq001

Reaction score
Have you asked the dealer to go on a test drive with you with a like vehicle to prove that the noise is normal? Have you got the shop foreman/service manager involved with the situation?
They said all looks normal on my last visit. I make another appointment in next week. I will definitely let them test drive again and maybe let service manager involved

Regilliwret

Reaction score
I have this same problem on my 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 (no entorque), except it occurs for me in the 1700-2100rpm range (2000rpm is where it hits its peak). Feels like a phone with a moderate, constant vibration is under the floor and against the accelerator. Outside of this range it is faint or nonexistent. I don’t feel it in the steering, it’s not a tire issue, that feels and sounds different than this. First time I took it to my dealer they brushed it off saying it’s normal, I’m getting ready to schedule another visit bc I think it is getting more pronounced and annoying. Anytime the truck downshifts, it seems to land right around 2000rpm, so I feel the issue a lot. I’ve had the truck 2 months, I’m 500 miles out from the end of my certified comprehensive warranty, I will be pushing the dealer on this bc it gets irritating on long drives, no way it’s normal. If it was simply due to the v8, the vibration should get worse as the rpms increase, not just have an issue in a very small rpm range.

liq001

Reaction score
I have this same problem on my 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 (no entorque), except it occurs for me in the 1700-2100rpm range (2000rpm is where it hits its peak). Feels like a phone with a moderate, constant vibration is under the floor and against the accelerator. Outside of this range it is faint or nonexistent. I don’t feel it in the steering, it’s not a tire issue, that feels and sounds different than this. First time I took it to my dealer they brushed it off saying it’s normal, I’m getting ready to schedule another visit bc I think it is getting more pronounced and annoying. Anytime the truck downshifts, it seems to land right around 2000rpm, so I feel the issue a lot. I’ve had the truck 2 months, I’m 500 miles out from the end of my certified comprehensive warranty, I will be pushing the dealer on this bc it gets irritating on long drives, no way it’s normal. If it was simply due to the v8, the vibration should get worse as the rpms increase, not just have an issue in a very small rpm range.
Someone point out that it could come from the exhaust pipe. Mine still does it and my dealer said it is the MDS. No way, even if I switch of the MDS, my truck still does it. I book another appointment in next two week. Will push them to check the exhaust pipe and drive shaft balancing. Please let me know as well if you get it fixed somehow, I need it to be fixed. So annoying. Thanks for any updates, that will help definitely.

liq001

Reaction score
BTW, have you ever contact ramcare and create a star case? I will try to contact ramcare and get them involved in my issue. Hopefully you can help somehow.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My truck came with lousy OEM tires, went down the rabbit hole reading every post and thread about vibrations. A couple people mentioned that they installed a cold air intake and their RPM specific vibrations went away. Couldn't hurt to try a new air filter or temporarily drive around without a filter to see if anything changes

C_LOS

Reaction score
2022 Laramie having the same issue. 500 miles on the dash ..

liq001

Reaction score
My truck came with lousy OEM tires, went down the rabbit hole reading every post and thread about vibrations. A couple people mentioned that they installed a cold air intake and their RPM specific vibrations went away. Couldn't hurt to try a new air filter or temporarily drive around without a filter to see if anything changes

thanks. Will let my dealer check on that. Do you know if those people mention what brand air intake were they used for?. Do you still have the same issue? FCA should create a recall for this annoying issue.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
thanks. Will let my dealer check on that. Do you know if those people mention what brand air intake were they used for?. Do you still have the same issue? FCA should create a recall for this annoying issue.
Mine was tire related and speed dependent, nothing to do with rpms. I got new tires and problem solved

Reactions: c3k

C_LOS

Reaction score
Do you / your dealer have any idea about this issue? It’s not normal definitely.
I been hearing that a slight vibration is normal. I noticed it after filling up. Going to try 89 Oct and see if that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread