5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ventilated seats

Daverous

Reaction score
Wait, what? I was unaware the gt package added vented seats to the rebel. About time!

Avayel

Reaction score
FYI if you haven't ordered a truck yet vented seats are a plug and play with alphaobd. I added them to my rebel 12 for around 1500 bucks and also got to add heated rear and wireless charging with the set I bought. I haven't sold off the second set I now own, but am guessing I'll recoup at least 1000 bucks or better of that initial cost.
So did you just buy some seats from RAM OEM and swapped them out, plugged into the existing wiring and flashed the ECU to turn on the vented seat option, that's it?

I have really considered ordering Limited or Laramie seats (with vents) to replace my Rebel seats, swap them out then sell the Rebel seats. I just didn't know if it was that easy or not lol

Daverous

Reaction score
So did you just buy some seats from RAM OEM and swapped them out, plugged into the existing wiring and flashed the ECU to turn on the vented seat option, that's it?

I have really considered ordering Limited or Laramie seats (with vents) to replace my Rebel seats, swap them out then sell the Rebel seats. I just didn't know if it was that easy or not lol
Correct. I did swap over my rebel seat covers to keep the interior uniform. A few differences in the seat bolster but otherwise the same.

Avayel

Reaction score
Correct. I did swap over my rebel seat covers to keep the interior uniform. A few differences in the seat bolster but otherwise the same.
Ah that's even better! Keep the Rebel seat covers, nice.

So how did you get the seats? Did you go to your local dealer and order the seats? Which seats did you order (limited, laramie, etc.) and price? Sorry for all the questions haha

Daverous

Reaction score
The dealer only sold by the part. You had to buy them piece by piece. Worked out to like 3k a seat... No way.

Snagged a set of limited front seats, console, and rear off ebay for around 1500. They don't pop up often, but they're out there.

Avayel

Reaction score
The dealer only sold by the part. You had to buy them piece by piece. Worked out to like 3k a seat... No way.

Snagged a set of limited front seats, console, and rear off ebay for around 1500. They don't pop up often, but they're out there.
Oh damn, piece by piece? Madness haha

I've looked on eBay, I'll keep an eye out. So do you have ventilated rear seats as well now? Do you have any pics of your seats with the Rebel skin on top? I'm curious to see how different the bolstering is. Thank you so much for your help 🙌

Daverous

Reaction score
Have to do some flipping through pages, but good info here

keithc85

Reaction score
So the original (rebel) seat covers allowed enough air to flow through even though they weren't intended for ventilation? Does it flow pretty well? I just bought a Built to Serve, and I had to sacrifice my vented seats that I had my previous laramie.
I'd love to be able to get that option back, program it in, and keep the original covers as well.

Daverous

Reaction score
Yep and yep. Maybe not has strong on the back without the mesh padding, but I don't have much butt time in a limited(several test drives before buying during the summer) so not 100%.

nabatron

Reaction score
is there a way you can just got to the dealership and buy 2 GT seats and plug and play with alfaobd flash?

The reason I am asking is I want to put ventilated seats in my 19' rebel. My wife has them on her 21' yukon and they help out a lot since we live in an area in Canada where it can get to 40 degrees Celsius in the summer.

Daverous

Reaction score
Pricy, but to yes you could, technically. When I checked the dealership would only sell the seats part by part, amounting to nearly 3 grand per seat. Better to find some from a wreck. Hope this answers the DM as well, sir, wanted it publicly mentioned for others who searched like you.

nabatron

Reaction score
Pricy, but to yes you could, technically. When I checked the dealership would only sell the seats part by part, amounting to nearly 3 grand per seat. Better to find some from a wreck. Hope this answers the DM as well, sir, wanted it publicly mentioned for others who searched like you.
Thanks for the reply! Yeah plus I live in Canada which would cost more for me haha. Was thinking going this way instead of trading my truck in for a GT with night package.

mjdrebel

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram Rebel and have just been able to secure a complete set of Rebel GT seats for under $2500. I hope it will work out and be somewhat plug and play.

I realize I am going to have to work with AlphaOBD to program.

Does anyone know if installation be a unbolt and bolt up?

mjdrebel

Reaction score
Did you use AlphaOBD to program the ventilated seats?

Daverous

Reaction score
I did use alfaobd to program.

Regarding the 22 GT seats-I'm not aware of a seat module change that was made for 22. I could hazard a guess, but it would be just that, based on Bcm configurations and say that it will be possible. It's a feature that was accessible in both 21 and 22MY. I've only seen issues come up when trying to program new tech to an old BCM firmware.

mjdrebel

Reaction score
When hooking up the front seats is it just plug and play? Is there a separate plug for heated and one for vented?

I have the 12" screen, heads up display, heated leather Rebel 12 seats. Will it be plug and play on the front seats and then program the AplhaOBD?

I should receive the seats next week.

I have heated rear seats but I assume I will not be able to have the vented rear seats even though rear seats are vented.

Somehow I was able to get special reat GT seats in that they have the limited center flip down console part and rear heated/vented seats.

mjdrebel

Reaction score
Correction I was able to secure a complete set of Laramie GT seats.

Hopefully the front seats appear to be plug and play - just need to figure out the alphOBD programming.

Regarding the rear seats which are for a Laramie GT it appears they come heated at least. Hoping the reclining feature is built into the rear seats. Does anyone know. Also hoping as I already have heated rear black leather rear seats that I will be able to just plug in.

Worried about going from 2021 to 2022 and reading about a BCM change.

LGB24

Reaction score
Outside of the TRX, any idea how or if it is even possible to get ventilated seats on the Rebel?

That's the only feature I really want that the limited has, but I prefer the rebel looks/style etc.

Thanks for any feedback.
Yes - The G/T package comes with ventilated seats

mjdrebel

Reaction score
I can confirm the following as I have just installed 2022 Laramie GT seats in my 2021 Ram Rebel. I had the black leather but they were not ventilated.

I can confirm it is all plug and play. Even the installation lines up.

The front seats are easy. I still need to play with AlphOBD in the next day or so to see if I can program the ventilated seats as the heated seats are working great. I have seen where it appears other members have been able to accomplish this. Hoping the AlphaOBD programming for the ventilated seats will work - I have read the forum posts and I hope to be able to decipher, piece together and program successfully.

The rear seats also installed successfully. At first I thought some of the bolt holes were missing but they were hidden by carpet and also the reclining part of the Laramie GT bracket needed to be in the right position for the bolts to line up. The only thing missing is the middle striker plate, you can install this Folding Seat Lock Striker Mopar 68272017AB fits 20-22 Ram 1500 | eBay. The seats still work fine without this striker plate and the other rear brackets do not interfere with the back of the seat.

The heated rear seats are working as my existing Rebel seats had heated seats as well. Even the upgraded middle console is nicer than the existing one I had. I really do like the Reclining feature - not sure how much it will get used but it is nice.

My next project is to add 360 surround cameras - it looks daunting and not sure if it has been done a 2021 Rebel. I have the 12' Screen, heads up display and rear camera mirror.

Users who are viewing this thread