5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ventilated seats

Ryancassidy

Reaction score
Outside of the TRX, any idea how or if it is even possible to get ventilated seats on the Rebel?

That's the only feature I really want that the limited has, but I prefer the rebel looks/style etc.

Thanks for any feedback.

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
Outside of the TRX, any idea how or if it is even possible to get ventilated seats on the Rebel?

That's the only feature I really want that the limited has, but I prefer the rebel looks/style etc.

Thanks for any feedback.
Try this:

Ryancassidy

Reaction score
I haven't... will look into building that now. Thanks for the idea!

Ryancassidy

Reaction score
Yeah it's pretty darn close... wheels/tires and wireless charging are the main things (grill aside)

And there us an addition $500 rebate on the Laramie, but you have to get the e-torque motor. But whatever I guess.

I love the ventilated seats in our other cars... so kinda spoiled with it living in the south.

Ryancassidy

Reaction score
Turns out wireless charging is in the night package as is the sport hood, add off road package, delete stickers I think I'm very close overall. (Was going to get granite or billet silver anyway)

I can pick up a set of take off rebel wheels and tires from someone, re program speedo and good to go I think.

If they just added ventilated seats to the rebel... damm this would be easier :)

The only two things I can't tell (dealer is closed) is do the leather trimmed buckets have cloth inserts on them in the Laramie or are they they vinyl/leatherette. I just don't want any cloth on my seats is all.. yeah I'm picky

And does the off road package get the same "lift" as the rebel? I think its 1-2 inches higher right?

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The wireless charger doesn’t have good reviews/feedback from what I’ve read

I did this instead

8ee5306c3364e97856a7ea397b395b07.jpg

Ryancassidy

Reaction score
I was over by the dealer today and confirmed it does have the same "lift" as the rebel and has vinyl/leatherette inserts and not cloth.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What? I thought RAM said they were adding vented seats and some other tech features to the Rebel for 2020 since it made no sense to leave those features out... weird they haven't made good on their word. I have had 0 issues with the factory wireless charger and think it works great (except for being slow and not adopting the faster standards we have today).

Daverous

Reaction score
FYI if you haven't ordered a truck yet vented seats are a plug and play with alphaobd. I added them to my rebel 12 for around 1500 bucks and also got to add heated rear and wireless charging with the set I bought. I haven't sold off the second set I now own, but am guessing I'll recoup at least 1000 bucks or better of that initial cost.

Ryancassidy

Reaction score
Lol.. ordered last night... oh well. Either way, I'm getting a really nice truck. Do you have a post to how you did it?

I did some searching and didnt have any luck.

Daverous

Reaction score
I pulled some info from here in the interior section but didn't do a dedicated how to, personally.

I have a second set I should be doing in the next few weeks so I'll see about documenting.

Sixxshooter

Reaction score
I personally think ventilated seats are way over rated . I had them on my grand Cherokee summit for 6 years and don’t miss the feature at all with my 2020 Rebel . That being said , I do live in New York . If you’re living in a Florida like environment all year round and driving around in shorts 95 percent of the time then maybe it’s worth going after but to me it really did nothing .

RJS

Reaction score
I personally think ventilated seats are way over rated . I had them on my grand Cherokee summit for 6 years and don’t miss the feature at all with my 2020 Rebel . That being said , I do live in New York . If you’re living in a Florida like environment all year round and driving around in shorts 95 percent of the time then maybe it’s worth going after but to me it really did nothing .
I wasn't sure about the ventilated seats as my 19 Laramie L2 was the first vehicle with them but the first time I walked of a Michigan golf course in 90 deg heat they convinced me I won't be without them again.

Gaspardo96

Reaction score
FYI if you haven't ordered a truck yet vented seats are a plug and play with alphaobd. I added them to my rebel 12 for around 1500 bucks and also got to add heated rear and wireless charging with the set I bought. I haven't sold off the second set I now own, but am guessing I'll recoup at least 1000 bucks or better of that initial cost.
Is the wiring harness the same from a normal just heated seat to the limited cooled/heated seat?

Daverous

Reaction score
Mine was. Went from heated front(power adjustable) to heated and cooled.

Whiskeymike

Reaction score
FWIW, I picked up my Rebel GT yesterday with ventilated seats and they felt absolutely awesome... after an hour in the seat, I remembered to turn it on, and it cooled everything down.

Users who are viewing this thread