5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ventilated Seats - Dissapointing

Hrspwr88

Reaction score
Is it just me or do these ventilated seats leave much to be desired about?

I was so excited for the summer heat where I can use them but they are nothing like the Ford Expedition I had as a rental once.

Maybe the Fords actually plumb A/C to the seat fans?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know. I mean, no...they're not air-conditioned. But that fan is awfully nice to have here in Texas!

Hrspwr88

Reaction score
I don't know. I mean, no...they're not air-conditioned. But that fan is awfully nice to have here in Texas!

The only time I truly feel them is when the rest of the truck is already cool from the a/c. I agree it is nice then. I just assumed all ventilated seats were plumed with AC.

sparkygreen

Reaction score
The seats in the Ram (and all CDJR vehicles as far as I know) are "ventilated" not "cooled". So all you get is air flow, no active cooling or conditioned air.

Also note that a lot of ventilated seats, including those in the ram, suck air in instead of blowing air out. Its not what you would think, but the sucking effect creates more impact since its removing the hot sticky air trapped between your sweaty *** and the seat not just blowing it around.

I agree the system would be so much better if it had true active cooling, but it does what it is advertised to do, ventilate. Id rather have some air flow than nothing at all.

WhiteLaramie2020

Reaction score
Agree with Speedy, they are nice in TX. Try mixing vent and floor. Cools me and always hot wife off well
LOL. This is the first vehicle i have had with vent/cool seats and so far like it. didn't really expect much from it with how small the perforations are. The thing that i don't like is how loud the blower is when turned on so i typically turn it off after a few. In south Louisiana the best thing is remote start to cool it off before you get in.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
They seem to do the job great for me too here in the Texas heat.

For comparison, they are way better than my MB GL550, which I could barely feel, but not as good as my wife’s Lexus GS460, which cool you very fast, with colder air.

Cravenfan

Reaction score
Get all sweaty, the jump in your truck and turn on the max air for the seats. Instant cooling relief for me, unless mine is a different version in the Limited for some reason. We all it, "crack-AC." :ROFLMAO:

When it's 100 degrees in the truck, the seat won't do much beyond keep the temps on my black seats cooler than not. Your head controls your sense of hot or cold. Get your A/C fan cranked up head high and you'll be good to go.

But, they are better than my old Denali and that one didn't have them in the rear seats...

Shanesrt8

Reaction score
I have noticed that what you are wearing will have an effect on it too. If i am wearing gym clothes it really cools me down but if i have jeans on i can barley feel it.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Love mine, one of the best features on my truck. And, my seat fans are not loud as stated in an above post. May be a problem with those.

Hrspwr88

Reaction score
All good comments here! I'm shocked to hear that they suck in rather than blow out. First I've heard of that...

GunnyZXR

Reaction score
I first learned about ventilated seats in a 2016 Ford raptor. I could feel the air moving when on higher settings, nice and COLD. Bought the Laramie expecting the same performance and was very disappointed. Probably would have went with a Big Horn had I known they were that bad. Fan is noisy also.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I first learned about ventilated seats in a 2016 Ford raptor. I could feel the air moving when on higher settings, nice and COLD. Bought the Laramie expecting the same performance and was very disappointed. Probably would have went with a Big Horn had I known they were that bad. Fan is noisy also.
Yeah, Ford products have great cooled seats. A coworker has a little Lincoln MKC, and ride in it regularly if we go to lunch, etc. The seats cooling is much better than the RAM. Also, they have memory so they will come on at whatever setting they were on last. RAM's on the other hand, will not.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine work as expected and are as good as the ones in my previous Caddies.

Users who are viewing this thread