5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vent Visors (Window Visors)

EJanx07

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply man (or wo-man), I was specifically asking about the mopar ones though, but I appreciate it nonetheless (y)

While I got you here, did you (or do you) have any issues with the power folding regular mirrors hitting the vent visors when folded?
I don’t have power folding mirrors, so I’m not sure...

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What are benefits of these? I've no experience so I'm genuinely curious.

1stTimeRAM

Reaction score
What are benefits of these? I've no experience so I'm genuinely curious.
There are a couple of benefits to them....one is that you can crack the windows when it's raining and not get water inside the truck. They also offer a little extended sun visor on the side windows. The biggest one for me is that when I park my truck in the parking lot at work (or wherever) in the hot summer time, I can vent the windows and keep it from getting quite as hot inside the truck.

soedog

Reaction score
OMG! Thank you!! I almost went with a diff brand because I couldn't find the answer to this! What about the hood deflector.. does that also have the marking? Thanks mayne
Sorry I don’t have the hood deflector so I can’t answer that one.

Rick8325

Reaction score

41magmag41

Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a visor for the bed rear window and who makes it?

silverbullet

Reaction score
Just removed the AVS in-channel low profile vent visors. Left my windows up for the recommended 72 hours. They were not noisy which was my biggest concern. I could tell at hwy speeds they were on there but I'm ate up so I doubt most would notice at all, really minimal IMO. They looked pretty good with the exception of the rear window on one side was bowed in a bit, very streamlined which was cool. Mirrors did not touch or anything like that. They did push out on the window seals in the corners which would likely lead to some problem eventually. First time I lowered the window and raised it the window hit and 'auto-opened' b/c of the obstruction. Tried again and the window went right up, no problem. Did the same with the passenger side and the window hit the edge and broke off a piece of the AVS visor; first try.

Best case I would have been pushing the visor out so the window would not hit....that would suck for the driver side and be impossible for the passenger side.
Now I tried to return these to Amazon when I bought them out of fear of wind noise; UPS never showed (it's their thing on Amazon pick ups), Amazon eventually just refunded me and let me keep them so no loss to me and I actually had some free time this past weekend so I thought I'd give them a shot.

I personally won't be giving AVS a shot in the future.

silverbullet

Reaction score
I’m trying to find a set of matte black in-channel crew cab visors and it seems only a couple of companies make that color right now. I was checking out Wade and their pictures of their product look a little funky/ugly. Shouldn’t the visor be wedged into the pillar and not under the rubber? https://wadeauto.com/products/2019-dodge-ram-in-channel-wind-deflectors?rq=mk_dodge~yr_2019~md_ram
The AVS I just removed also went under the rubber seal by design. It realy bowed the seal out on mine and was a bit of an eye soar. Seems like bad design and that edge needs to be thinner or have a slower taper on that rubber seal edge.

Siege1979

Reaction score
I bought the AVS in channel, Installed them and was very pleased..... then the next morning both rear window deflectors where bowed in and touching the windows, if i rolled the window down they bowed further requiring me to push the center outward to roll the window up. I then rolled up some micro-fiber towels and wedged them in between the deflectors and the windows and they took the original shape back.... 12 hours later bowed inward, customer support believes the installation of some additional clips should resolve the problem so I am awaiting receipt of those. If the clips do not resolve the issue I will be returning them, I have a 2000 silverado with weathertech deflectors on it since 2 weeks old and not a single problem with them in nearly 19 years as well as 3 other previous vehicles all weathertech no issues, I only bough AVS because weathertech is not selling them for the DT yet.

Users who are viewing this thread