5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vent settings

Rebel3326

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed when going thru the vent settings that when floor only is selected it blows out the floor and thru defrost? Then when selecting floor/ defrost it doesn't change from floor only except maybe blow a lil harder on the defrost.

Just wondering if anyone else has or had this happen.

19 rebel 4x4 crew cab.

Rebel3326

Reaction score
I haven't particularly noticed that on my pickup, but leaking some off to defrost while on heat has been pretty standard for decades.
It's not just leaking off a lil ... it comes out the defrost full blast... it pretty much same as selecting floor and defrost... maybe slightly harder out the defrost but a negligible difference.

Does it on heat or ac when floor only is selected.

Rebel3326

Reaction score
Working as designed. Says it will blow air to defrost in those modes. Page 79 in the my owner's manual.
It says a slight amount, what im experiencing is not a slight amount by any means. Placing my hand in front of the side defrost vents it blows the same amount when switching between floor only and floor/ defrost.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It says a slight amount, what im experiencing is not a slight amount by any means. Placing my hand in front of the side defrost vents it blows the same amount when switching between floor only and floor/ defrost.

Mine blows a fair amount too, my 2014 Outdoorsman did too. Not really worried about it.

echristi

Reaction score
I have a large amount coming out of the top of the side vents when on foot only. I assume to window defrost - so much that it is uncomfortable and makes it feel much colder than usual, and requires a different heat setting. I am not happy about this - I will see what the dealership says, maybe there is an adjustment that can be made to make it less. I agree - it is not a slight amount

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Add me to the list. More of a curiosity situation for me, not really an annoyance.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Old thread but still relevant. I mostly keep my HVAC on Auto, so I haven't noticed how it behaves. Now I'm curious though.

Gatorfan08

Reaction score
My 2021 ram 1500 bighorn is doing the same thing there is a significant amount of air that comes out the defrost vent when set to floor

mcat79

Reaction score
I just found this thread, this as been one of my biggest annoyances. My side window defrosters just blow out fire while I drive. The only way to resolve is to shut off the climate control or manually turn the fan off, but that affects the rest of the cabin temp.

Users who are viewing this thread