5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

venom power tires? worth it

Palrass

Reaction score
I just put 35/12.5/22 Venom Power Hunter XT 10ply E rating on mine. This is the first set of All Terrain tire ever so I can’t compare road noise. I personally can say I don’t mind the little noise they produce. I’m only 600 miles in and plan on rotation every 5k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
7f244876077d78f444a86bbbb8a18648.jpg

f62efae6a6f47389364978f172240757.jpg
What kind of set up are you running to clear those tires on stock wheels? Air or strut suspension? Level? I’m looking at getting the same tires on my longhorn with the 22’s. Looks awesome!

nivek1411

Reaction score
What kind of set up are you running to clear those tires on stock wheels? Air or strut suspension? Level? I’m looking at getting the same tires on my longhorn with the 22’s. Looks awesome!

I’m running the ready lift 3.5 and 1/4 spacers all around.
And thanks! I’m happy with the look.

Palrass

Reaction score
I’m running the ready lift 3.5 and 1/4 spacers all around.
And thanks! I’m happy with the look.

That’s awesome. Just ordered up that exact set up today for my longhorn 22’s. Looking forward to it!

doolin64

Reaction score
I just put 35/12.5/22 Venom Power Hunter XT 10ply E rating on mine. This is the first set of All Terrain tire ever so I can’t compare road noise. I personally can say I don’t mind the little noise they produce. I’m only 600 miles in and plan on rotation every 5k.

7f244876077d78f444a86bbbb8a18648.jpg
@nivek1411 how are these tires working out with you?

Tronnix

Reaction score
Just purchased the Venom Hunter XT for my 2019 RAM Limited. Even with the anti-noise tech in my truck, I can hear the tires above my radio. I have to turn on my subs and play my music very loud to drown out the drone of the tires. I'm loving the ride of the tires. It was night and day difference when I got off the factory tires. But I think they are more off-road than hybrid per the noise they make. I'm getting used to the noise but would I buy again. No. Maybe a different series that would have less noise. Outside of the noise they are making which sounds like a plane's turbine I'm very impressed with the ride and off-road capabilities. Waiting for snow again to test them out in that. They also look amazing, everyone wants a pair based on the look when they see them.

Also, Venom tires are not cheap china tires. I did my research before I brought them. They are made in Thailand which is not china for people who think all Asians are Chinese. And the quality is better than say, Goodyear. We all know Goodyear's soft tires wear out twice as fast as their warranty says. There are plenty of videos on Youtube with venom tires users with 10k plus mile and less than 10% wear on the tires.

Palrass

Reaction score
That’s awesome. Just ordered up that exact set up today for my longhorn 22’s. Looking forward to it!
BAC6DD8F-52CC-4D72-BDCE-52C1B05F8E93.png
****ty pic but they are on and looking pretty good. I’m stuck at camp working right now but should be able to pick it up in a few days

Reaction score
Purchased the Venom XT's last week off of Ebay from Simple Tire. Got 275-55-R20 (Original tire size) for less than $700 tax and shipped. Love the look. They ride great. They aren't very loud but they do have a hum. I am very satisfied. I've already had multiple people ask about the tires and comment on them.

Attachments

• image0 (1).jpeg
    image0 (1).jpeg
    268.7 KB · Views: 178

Ramnighthorn

Reaction score
4348ABC5-B450-4169-A73C-29762A262FC8.jpeg Installed these on my truck a week ago (275/60R20) on my stock wheels. The road noise is not as bad as I thought they would be with some of the comments and the look of the tread pattern. I bought the 10 ply load rated 123 for hauling my camper and horse trailer. My only comment would be to fill them to the recommended cold pressure and adjust from there down. I’m running 65 psi when not hauling and 80 when.

Last edited:

blckout

Reaction score
View attachment 87262 Installed these on my truck a week ago (275/60R20) on my stock wheels. The road noise is not as bad as I thought they would be with some of the comments and the look of the tread pattern. I bought the 10 ply load rated 123 for hauling my camper and horse trailer. My only comment would be to fill them to the recommended cold pressure and adjust from there down. I’m running 65 psi when not hauling and 80 when.

I also have the night edition wheels. Do you have a lift or level?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting venom tires as well. How are they holding up? Will 275/60r20 fit on stock suspension w/ no ORP?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
How have your venoms held up? How many miles do you guys have on them?

1D32319

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting venom tires as well. How are they holding up? Will 275/60r20 fit on stock suspension w/ no ORP?

Only one way to find out.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I personally wouldn't put no name cheap tires on a >$50K vehicle. That 20 year beater rust bucket-sure.

Also, if your location sees vastly varied weather, you really don't want to cheap out on tires.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Only one way to find out.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I personally wouldn't put no name cheap tires on a >$50K vehicle. That 20 year beater rust bucket-sure.

Also, if your location sees vastly varied weather, you really don't want to cheap out on tires.
I remember it wasn't very many years ago when Nitto, Falken, and Kuhmo all first came on the scenes they were the "cheap," "no name" brands you were told to not buy.

1D32319

Reaction score
I remember it wasn't very many years ago when Nitto, Falken, and Kuhmo all first came on the scenes they were the "cheap," "no name" brands you were told to not buy.

While I wouldn't call Kumho a popular brand, I've said similar in other posts regarding Hankook: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/a-t-tires.32284/post-487031

While they may eventually become a real brand, "Venom" is currently a no name brand and are dirt cheap for a reason. I wouldn't stoop to buying any of their tires for a modern vehicle. The shop beater-I'd go cheaper and probably mismatch their tires.

Also, I had Falken AT3Ws on my last truck. Good tires. A bunch of the current ones are made in China, so they're off my list.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
While I wouldn't call Kumho a popular brand, I've said similar in other posts regarding Hankook: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/a-t-tires.32284/post-487031

While they may eventually become a real brand, "Venom" is currently a no name brand and are dirt cheap for a reason. I wouldn't stoop to buying any of their tires for a modern vehicle. The shop beater-I'd go cheaper and probably mismatch their tires.

Also, I had Falken AT3Ws on my last truck. Good tires. A bunch of the current ones are made in China, so they're off my list.
Kumho may not be a popular 4x4 Truck/SUV tire, but my automotive experience extends beyond a single application, and comment was a general comment about "cheap" tires. Not specific to our trucks. Your personal preference doesn't make a tire good or bad.

1D32319

Reaction score
Your personal preference doesn't make a tire good or bad.

lol. Never said it did. I also don't really care what people spend their money on or whether they want to cheap out on tires. Their wallet to do as they please. Seems an odd pace to go cheap, especially if you are in a ****ty weather state.

There will always be a market for folks that love the chrome curb feelers from the back pages of the JC Whitney catalog or think that Hi-Point makes a quality firearm.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There will always be a market for folks that love the chrome curb feelers from the back pages of the JC Whitney catalog
Ooh, good call (adds note to pending mods list).
Do they still print JC Whitney? I haven’t seen one of those for probably 30 years.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
lol. Never said it did. I also don't really care what people spend their money on or whether they want to cheap out on tires. Their wallet to do as they please. Seems an odd pace to go cheap, especially if you are in a ****ty weather state.

Much like those who swear 87 is just fine in the Hemi.

There will always be a market for folks that love the chrome curb feelers from the back pages of the JC Whitney catalog or think that Hi-Point makes a quality firearm.
Nothing wrong with Hi-Point. The only people who talk **** on them are gun snobs who have never fired one.

Attachments

• PXL_20210702_002810088.jpg
    PXL_20210702_002810088.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 43

Users who are viewing this thread