5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

venom power tires? worth it

jthorn75

Reaction score
looking at adding some 22x12s on the truck and going with a 35x13.5x22 or a 325/50/22 ridge grappler... obviously the ridge grappler is superior in the sense its a load f and 12 ply tire. My concern is safety. i am not sure if the higher price constitutes safety. the ridge grapplers are 700 dollars more. then venom tires do have a 50k warranty which makes me think the product must be ok and watching the custom offset videos on them they seem to be good tires... just seeing if anyone has any experience with them

nivek1411

Reaction score
I just put 35/12.5/22 Venom Power Hunter XT 10ply E rating on mine. This is the first set of All Terrain tire ever so I can’t compare road noise. I personally can say I don’t mind the little noise they produce. I’m only 600 miles in and plan on rotation every 5k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
7f244876077d78f444a86bbbb8a18648.jpg

f62efae6a6f47389364978f172240757.jpg

jthorn75

Reaction score
I just put 35/12.5/22 Venom Power Hunter XT 10ply E rating on mine. This is the first set of All Terrain tire ever so I can’t compare road noise. I personally can say I don’t mind the little noise they produce. I’m only 600 miles in and plan on rotation every 5k.

7f244876077d78f444a86bbbb8a18648.jpg

f62efae6a6f47389364978f172240757.jpg
what do you think about the drivability so far?

nivek1411

Reaction score
what do you think about the drivability so far?

They ride fine to me, can’t wait for the snow to come to try them out in it! Again, this is my first AT so I don’t have much to go with. I haven’t spun in the rain or anything and I have a peddle commander set at Sport +2.
I will say that my buddy who has Ridge Grapplers said he really likes the look. He also said they are really quiet too. He had no complaints while riding with me.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
348476d3658d88d341fc7775635d0c27.jpg

Just sayin....
And the reason Venoms are cheaper than others is because they don’t have to recover cost from advertising.

Toyo has a manufacturing facility here in Georgia just as an FYI. Buddy of mine works on the machine making some 37s or something similar. Can't remember the exact size but I remember it was a big all terrain.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just sayin....
And the reason Venoms are cheaper than others is because they don’t have to recover cost from advertising.

I said China, not Japan. In terms of quality of products those two places are on VERY different ends of the spectrum. I'm not saying go out and buy the most expensive tires just because more money = better quality, but there are some things you shouldn't cheap out on without doing quite a bit of (non-anecdotal) research. The 4 pieces of rubber that are the only thing between you and a wrecked vehicle should be part of that.

Venom Power doesn't even have a website. Regardless of "not having to recover from advertising", websites are cheap and easy to display your products, your process, your design rationales, brag about how better your product is, etc.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Dirt cheap tires made in China being the thing that keeps my truck on the road? No thanks.
Nitto and Kuhmo tires used to be considered cheap quality tires that people wouldn't run. Now they are a very common tire with good ratings.

jthorn75

Reaction score
I said China, not Japan. In terms of quality of products those two places are on VERY different ends of the spectrum. I'm not saying go out and buy the most expensive tires just because more money = better quality, but there are some things you shouldn't cheap out on without doing quite a bit of (non-anecdotal) research. The 4 pieces of rubber that are the only thing between you and a wrecked vehicle should be part of that.

Venom Power doesn't even have a website. Regardless of "not having to recover from advertising", websites are cheap and easy to display your products, your process, your design rationales, brag about how better your product is, etc.
There website is under construction, it’s not active of course but it’s progress... from all the research I have done, from reviews online and on YouTube they say they are good tires, haven’t seen much bad... Do you believe all tires made in China are low quality or is this one of the brands that are lower quality?

jthorn75

Reaction score
I just got rid of my 35" ridge grapplers due to the F load rating. Way to harsh of a ride. I put 35" bfg ko2's on Friday and its substantially better.
I think that’s an important element is that f load tires are more expensive and having a tire that’s best for your use... I don’t wanna spend 2k in tires to drive around town... I just want something safe

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There website is under construction, it’s not active of course but it’s progress... from all the research I have done, from reviews online and on YouTube they say they are good tires, haven’t seen much bad... Do you believe all tires made in China are low quality or is this one of the brands that are lower quality?
I do not believe that all things made in China are low quality, but it is an undeniable fact that China produces a lot of knock offs that skip a lot of quality control processes. Not being able to find anything other than reviews it's hard to trust. I personally had "knock off" Terra Grapplers on my previous truck with Discount Tire's Pathfinder brand. Basically the exact same tire, and even the tread patterns are similar. Performed just like Terra Grapplers. I took the chance on them over a name brand because they're Discount Tire's brand, and I trust them.

Having said that, in my opinion tires are 1 of 2 things that keep you safe on the road. The other being the brake system. I don't go out and buy the most expensive tire because I think it's the best, but I don't skimp out on them without being absolutely sure either. If you feel like the reviews are enough, then go for it.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like Youtube reviews say, they might be the most underrated tires. Keep us updated how they do in the winter and adverse weather. I keep trying to find anything other than random reviews and so far have struck out.

goody1987

Reaction score
Just put a set of 35/12.5/22 on my 2020 ram , I’m very happy with the look but I don’t know if I can handle the loud road noise. They have a very loud humming sound at all speeds.

Truckguy

Reaction score
It would be nice if there were a couple of threads that were in-depth user reviews on one specific tire such as these. Someething where the only comments allowed were the review. I was interested in the venom but couldn’t find good reviews with some in depth analysis so I just ordered some nittos

Billetram1500

Reaction score
We sell venom tires and haven’t had any problems with them yet. I have the ice hunters studded as my winter tires they are great nice and quiet in 33 12.5 20. Can’t wait till they come out with the metric sizes in them and up to 37s
a9e2496da8f43141c704eaafe5cd7d9c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread