5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

venom power tires? worth it

Reaction score
I’m past my hot rod days and I rotate every oil change. I may give them a try and see how they do.
The Duratracs that came with my truck are the worst feeling tires I’ve ever had. I’m overly cautious in wet weather because they slide around like I’m on ice. Almost hit the wall coming off a cloverleaf to the interstate one time because my rear end lost traction.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’m past my hot rod days and I rotate every oil change. I may give them a try and see how they do.
The Duratracs that came with my truck are the worst feeling tires I’ve ever had. I’m overly cautious in wet weather because they slide around like I’m on ice. Almost hit the wall coming off a cloverleaf to the interstate one time because my rear end lost traction.
I do the same. Rotate every oil change, which is about twice a year.

Venoms aren’t the best wet traction tires I’ve ever had, but they are good. Also, they are great in the mud when you need them.

Velocity

Reaction score
Mine were standard load range as well. I really thought they wouldn’t make much noise or ride rough but I felt every bump in the road and on a road trip I looked at my wife and said, dang these tires are noisy and she said yeah they really are. She isn’t one to complain, she loves my AWE exhaust. Lol. The ride and hum was really noticeable after I switched to the new tires. Main reason I went with them is they were light, at 45ish lbs per tire and of course the cost. They were around $700 cheaper for all four than the Ridge Grapplers.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mine were standard load range as well. I really thought they wouldn’t make much noise or ride rough but I felt every bump in the road and on a road trip I looked at my wife and said, dang these tires are noisy and she said yeah they really are. She isn’t one to complain, she loves my AWE exhaust. Lol. The ride and hum was really noticeable after I switched to the new tires. Main reason I went with them is they were light, at 45ish lbs per tire and of course the cost. They were around $700 cheaper for all four than the Ridge Grapplers.
Yup. I got them for $1000 cash. The road noise was a bit of a shock at first. You get used to it.

Marcus_p89

Reaction score
I've had the Venom Power Terra Hunter XT for nearly 3 years now. They have been a great tire for me! Two winters ago we took a trip to the mountains, on the way there it was pure black ice for 2.5 hours of the drive. I didn't have a single issue and I was actually surprised at how well they did. While we were there they got about 3 feet of snow over the weekend and we took a drive up a mountain road that hadn't been driven on or plowed yet. It was uphill the whole way and about 3 feet of snow, these tires at it up like nothing and pulled us all the way up. I would 100% buy these tires again!

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I've had the Venom Power Terra Hunter XT for nearly 3 years now. They have been a great tire for me! Two winters ago we took a trip to the mountains, on the way there it was pure black ice for 2.5 hours of the drive. I didn't have a single issue and I was actually surprised at how well they did. While we were there they got about 3 feet of snow over the weekend and we took a drive up a mountain road that hadn't been driven on or plowed yet. It was uphill the whole way and about 3 feet of snow, these tires at it up like nothing and pulled us all the way up. I would 100% buy these tires again!
Welcome to the forum. We don’t have snow but they do well in the mud. Satisfied so far.

Reaction score
I finally got a set of the Terra hunters on my truck last week. They’re a little noisier than the Duratracs, but nothing the radio won’t drown out. They ride a lot smoother on city streets. On the highway doing over 70 there was some vibration for a couple miles but it smoothed out.
Haven’t tried them wet yet, but supposed to get some rain this next week so we shall see.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
They are a little noisy, more noticeable on a smooth road. They are great for a budget tire. I couldn’t pass up $1000 for 4 tires.

Users who are viewing this thread