5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vehicle flashed throttle control error , shut dowm

datammwv13

Reaction score
Driving home today at a stop light, my traction control, check engine light, & multiple other lights on dash came on, including throttle control message, then vehicle shut off. It started back up but ran very rough with engine light on. I drove home , shut off and on numerous times, sometimes would start and other times nothing. Disconnected battery, waited 5 minutes, reconnected. The truck started but all controls gone. Meaning could not turn off heated seats (where on) but no button's under control for vented, heated wheel, etc. All safety features gone in settings. No check engine light however. I could drive, but no out start and stop either. Almost like lost complete computer. Drove to dealership and they will look at it this afternoon. Drove me home... truck is 3 months old with 7000 miles on it. Matter a fact was exactly 7000 miles when happen at light. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Can't help with what caused the shutdown. But, when you disconnect the negative it is common to lose some of your computer controls. They do all come back with a minimal amount of time though.

datammwv13

Reaction score
Back from Dealer. They stated had to re-flash with all sales codes to restore all features. Stated that the computer shows NO error codes or anything. They suggest next time driving it or having it towed directly to them when repeats the problem. Have to love technology!

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Back from Dealer. They stated had to re-flash with all sales codes to restore all features. Stated that the computer shows NO error codes or anything. They suggest next time driving it or having it towed directly to them when repeats the problem. Have to love technology!

Hi datammwv13,

I'm glad to hear that your dealer was able to assist regarding this concern. Should you experience this or any other concerns, please know that our team is just a private message away and we are more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support as you work with your dealer.

Mark
RamCares

Captain Stack

Reaction score
There was a TSB for overspray paint on the negative ground connector on some trucks. Be sure to have your dealer check that it does not apply to your truck. Also, I cleaned the negative ground on my truck with a wire brush after having electrical issues. It has run fine ever since I did that.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread